wickedbusa
    Connecting Powerbook to external projector
    Here's a question for those of you who do presentations with your Powerbooks. I connected my Powerbook to an external projector today and the only thing that the screen was showing was my wallpaper. I could see everything on the laptop screen, but my Keynote presentation was not appearing on the screen. Can anyone tell what I am doing wrong?

I bought this thing to do presentations at school and it was a big disappointment to not be able to see the Keynote slideshow I spent so much time on.

.emo.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbusa
    Here's a question for those of you who do presentations with your Powerbooks. I connected my Powerbook to an external projector today and the only thing that the screen was showing was my wallpaper. I could see everything on the laptop screen, but my Keynote presentation was not appearing on the screen. Can anyone tell what I am doing wrong?

I bought this thing to do presentations at school and it was a big disappointment to not be able to see the Keynote slideshow I spent so much time on.

when you detect your displays it automaticlly makes it a second monitor.if you want it to mirror go to system prefs.monitor.then turn mirroring on/off

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    You seem to have the settings set that it views your desktop and not the app you wanna display - somewhere in the projector preferences would be my first look

wickedbusa
    Quote Originally Posted by .emo.
    when you detect your displays it automaticlly makes it a second monitor.if you want it to mirror go to system prefs.monitor.then turn mirroring on/off
    Got it! I got the thing to work by doing the mirror thing. I find it fascinating that I can look at one image on my laptop and another on the projector. Way cool

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! For a while, my classmates were telling me that my problem was the fact that I have an Apple. Well, they thought different after seeing the two different displays :p

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    You can also hit F7 and it will turn mirroring on and off.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
    Yeah, common sense says that if you were able to see your background, it's obviously nothing with the projector preferences. Just hit F7 to switch.

Right now I'm using a borrowed projector from the university, and I'm browsing the web on a six foot wide screen, projected on my living room wall. I love these things. My girlfriend and I have been watching movies like mad with it. I looked online and this particular model is nearly $4,000...so it doesn't look like I'll be buying one anytime soon.
    Roger Michaels
    Apple Certified Consultant

Specs:
    Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
    Hmm.. who said witeshark had any common sense?

Thread Information