Thread: hardware upgrades
08-10-2007, 11:02 PM #1
- Member Since
- May 09, 2007
Just a few quick questions for you guys.
1. Are macbook pro's currently being manufactured with the "santa rosa" core2, or is that an expected upgrade to be released on the same date as Leopard?
2. Are there any other hardware upgrades that are being released along side of Leopard, or is the only update the OS?
3. If i were to buy the macbook pro now, and later install leopard, would the performance be at all compromised compared to that of a macbook pro that came from the factory with Leopard on it? If the answer is yes - what would be the best installation process to keep my mac running at it's highest possible efficiency?
08-11-2007, 12:47 AM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 31, 2006
- MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
1. correct me if i am wrong but mbp's are being manufactured with santa rosa core2duo processors.
2. That information has not been released and won't be by apple until october, i think leopard comes out.
3. If you buy it now and install leopard later there shouldn't be any performance compromised compared to if you bought the mbp with leopard.
that sounds about right, hope it helps and please correct me if i am wrong.
[ MBP ] 15.4" - 2.16ghz C2D - 2gb RAM - 120gb HD [ MBP ]
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mr g5 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM
By circa_bc in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 18Last Post: 06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
By jonny-5 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 12Last Post: 12-17-2010, 01:46 PM
By krikle in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 12Last Post: 08-09-2010, 06:59 PM