New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - hardware upgrades

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sir_Frag

Sir_Frag is on a distinguished road

Just a few quick questions for you guys.
1. Are macbook pro's currently being manufactured with the "santa rosa" core2, or is that an expected upgrade to be released on the same date as Leopard?
2. Are there any other hardware upgrades that are being released along side of Leopard, or is the only update the OS?
3. If i were to buy the macbook pro now, and later install leopard, would the performance be at all compromised compared to that of a macbook pro that came from the factory with Leopard on it? If the answer is yes - what would be the best installation process to keep my mac running at it's highest possible efficiency?
QUOTE Thanks
Evermore

Evermore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive

1. correct me if i am wrong but mbp's are being manufactured with santa rosa core2duo processors.
2. That information has not been released and won't be by apple until october, i think leopard comes out.
3. If you buy it now and install leopard later there shouldn't be any performance compromised compared to if you bought the mbp with leopard.

that sounds about right, hope it helps and please correct me if i am wrong.

Evasive-Media Group
[ MBP ] 15.4" - 2.16ghz C2D - 2gb RAM - 120gb HD [ MBP ]
Evermore
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cd burning problem | Discoloration due to heat? »