New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Ibook stuff

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vuschejan

Hello, I got an ibook about 4 weeks ago and now have some extra money. I wanted to knwo what you all have found usefull as far as hardware and software for you mac and how it helps you thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
ghenrytaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuschejan
Hello, I got an ibook about 4 weeks ago and now have some extra money. I wanted to knwo what you all have found usefull as far as hardware and software for you mac and how it helps you thanks!
First and foremost, additional memory, the more the better. After that, software you'll use or are interested in (for me, OfficevX and Photoshop), and an external HD (I purchased a firewire 60 gig unit).
These are for starters, let your imagination and heart fly (pocketbook willing).
Good luck and congrats on the iBook
Henry
QUOTE Thanks
vuschejan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghenrytaylor
First and foremost, additional memory, the more the better. After that, software you'll use or are interested in (for me, OfficevX and Photoshop), and an external HD (I purchased a firewire 60 gig unit).
These are for starters, let your imagination and heart fly (pocketbook willing).
Good luck and congrats on the iBook
Henry
Thanks, for the help i plan to get some of that im just hoping my mother isnt like SAVE IT
QUOTE Thanks
beret9987

beret9987 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP

A 2 button mouse is a must. Being a Windows and Mac user, I like the whole 2 button thing. Hate to say it but Microsoft makes the best mouse that I have bought in years. Ergonomic, Scroll wheel, 5 button, the works. Also, I would buy a Flash Drive. 128Mb should do not unless youre going to be carry something hefty. Congradulations on your iBook!
QUOTE Thanks
sirlan

I bought a 512 MB flash drive, an extra 512 MB RAM, and an airport extreme card w/base station (being wireless is definitely worth it). I haven't bought any software yet but will probably buy Office (I like Excel better than the Appleworks spreadsheet program).
QUOTE Thanks
vuschejan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlan
I bought a 512 MB flash drive, an extra 512 MB RAM, and an airport extreme card w/base station (being wireless is definitely worth it). I haven't bought any software yet but will probably buy Office (I like Excel better than the Appleworks spreadsheet program).

Yeah Ive got the extreme card and not a base satation but a d link router but yeah im definitley thinking about RAM
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

more memory. i assume that ots a 14" so u but a 1gb memorry at crucial.com at US $425.99 (each)..tats the greatest investment..but if u r a clumsy person and drops yr laptop, buy a hardccase or a external hardisk...
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I got a sleeve cover for sticking it in my rucksack and am going to buy a stick 'o ram (512) soon.

I also plan on buying an external soundcard for recording, but that is of course only interesting for recording with garageband..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Close ibook without going to sleep? | How long does the battery last on this iBook?! »