New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - primary screen / monitor selection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krushan

krushan is on a distinguished road

I've got a powerbook 17 inch and the screen is cracked badly enough so I can't read anything on it or navigate to anything e.g. system preferences. I bought a LCD monitor as its a powerbook and will probably replace soon.

I connected the monitor using the DVI cable, but when switching on the powerbook, it automatically treats the new monitor as a secondary monitor, e.g. when you work with 2 monitors, you can drag items from one monitor to another. This means I can't actually see anything except my desktop wallpaper on the new monitor. If I try shortcut keys, it opens everything on the powerbook monitor which is cracked.

How can I get the powerbook to recognise the new monitor as the primary monitor? I can't see whats happening on the powerbook screen because its cracked, so will need shortcuts.

Help
QUOTE Thanks
krushan

krushan is on a distinguished road

Its ok - found it. Pressing the command key and all the F1 - F12 keys ... the Cmd + F7 seems to refresh the display and just picked up the new monitor as primary.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MB, MB Pro, or new iMac | next gen? revision? »