New MacBook; iLife '06 or '08? confused!
    Hi there all you guys!.

I am a little confused - call me dumb if you like. I just took a look at the Apple store online, firstly the US version, and then the UK version.

On the US version MacBook page, it says that the MacBook comes with iLife '08, but when I go to the UK version of the VERY same page, it says that the MacBook comes with iLife '06...

I don't want to go out and spend 699, and find that my machine has an outdated version of iLife, when, from yesterdays Apple event, it is blindingly obvious that iLife '08 is a far superior product, with many amazing enhancements!.

Just a query that I thought I would put to you. Has anyone on these forums, puchased a MacBook in the last 24 hours, which shipped with iLife '08??.

Thanks dudes.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
    Don't worry. As long as you purchase your Mac after the announcement of iLife 08, you should effectively receive iLife '08. If it still comes with iLife '06, then you're likely to obtain a new copy of the iLife '08. The maximum fee Apple may charge you for the upgrade would be US$9.99.

Specs:
    MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
    Quote Originally Posted by unlokia View Post
    Hi there all you guys!.

I am a little confused - call me dumb if you like. I just took a look at the Apple store online, firstly the US version, and then the UK version.

On the US version MacBook page, it says that the MacBook comes with iLife '08, but when I go to the UK version of the VERY same page, it says that the MacBook comes with iLife '06...

I don't want to go out and spend 699, and find that my machine has an outdated version of iLife, when, from yesterdays Apple event, it is blindingly obvious that iLife '08 is a far superior product, with many amazing enhancements!.

Just a query that I thought I would put to you. Has anyone on these forums, puchased a MacBook in the last 24 hours, which shipped with iLife '08??.

Thanks dudes.
    Give Apple some time to update their webpages. The Apple Canada site didn't show the new line of iMacs even though their US counterparts had it already on their website.

Specs:
    MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
    Some parts of the website get missed (there's parts that refer to PowerMac G5s when they should be Mac Pros... that's what? 12 months out of date? Also a lot of the iBook pages are still there, and they where discontinued even longer ago). Don't worry, it will come with iLife 08.
    Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.

Thread Information