New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - New MacBook; iLife '06 or '08? confused!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

unlokia

unlokia can only hope to improve

Hi there all you guys!.

I am a little confused - call me dumb if you like. I just took a look at the Apple store online, firstly the US version, and then the UK version.

On the US version MacBook page, it says that the MacBook comes with iLife '08, but when I go to the UK version of the VERY same page, it says that the MacBook comes with iLife '06...

I don't want to go out and spend 699, and find that my machine has an outdated version of iLife, when, from yesterdays Apple event, it is blindingly obvious that iLife '08 is a far superior product, with many amazing enhancements!.

Just a query that I thought I would put to you. Has anyone on these forums, puchased a MacBook in the last 24 hours, which shipped with iLife '08??.

Thanks dudes.
QUOTE Thanks
Skyrider007

Skyrider007 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4

Don't worry. As long as you purchase your Mac after the announcement of iLife 08, you should effectively receive iLife '08. If it still comes with iLife '06, then you're likely to obtain a new copy of the iLife '08. The maximum fee Apple may charge you for the upgrade would be US$9.99.
QUOTE Thanks
yellow19man

yellow19man will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlokia View Post
Hi there all you guys!.

I am a little confused - call me dumb if you like. I just took a look at the Apple store online, firstly the US version, and then the UK version.

On the US version MacBook page, it says that the MacBook comes with iLife '08, but when I go to the UK version of the VERY same page, it says that the MacBook comes with iLife '06...

I don't want to go out and spend 699, and find that my machine has an outdated version of iLife, when, from yesterdays Apple event, it is blindingly obvious that iLife '08 is a far superior product, with many amazing enhancements!.

Just a query that I thought I would put to you. Has anyone on these forums, puchased a MacBook in the last 24 hours, which shipped with iLife '08??.

Thanks dudes.
Give Apple some time to update their webpages. The Apple Canada site didn't show the new line of iMacs even though their US counterparts had it already on their website.
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

Some parts of the website get missed (there's parts that refer to PowerMac G5s when they should be Mac Pros... that's what? 12 months out of date? Also a lot of the iBook pages are still there, and they where discontinued even longer ago). Don't worry, it will come with iLife 08.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blackberry and MBP's Bluetooth.... | What monitor or widescreen TV? »