New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

How long does the battery last on this iBook?!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MoltenLava

After two hours of use the battery meter still shows 61% full with two more hours to go! I love it!!
QUOTE Thanks
WilliS

what battery do you have!

i got mine 3 years ago...mine dies in an hour or so lol.... but i swapped batteries with a new ibook from work (i fix my school districts computers)... wow, it was at 5hours 40min remaining!.... i might have to invest in some new batteries...my old one needs to be retired..
QUOTE Thanks
vjamacaddict

I just got my new G4 1Ghz iBook several days ago. I haven't timed the battery life exactly, but yesterday I left if at home running on battery power (with the cover closed). I had already used the iBook some (on battery power only). When I returned, over six hours later, there was still a couple hours of life left?

How long do these iBook batteries really last? Sleeping mode, heavy useage, watching movies, ect.?

-- vjamacaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliS
what battery do you have!

i got mine 3 years ago...mine dies in an hour or so lol.... but i swapped batteries with a new ibook from work (i fix my school districts computers)... wow, it was at 5hours 40min remaining!.... i might have to invest in some new batteries...my old one needs to be retired..
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

You had life left bacause when you close the lid, sleep mode turns on.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well i actually do get between 5 and 6 hours of battery life sometimes... which suprised me, because that's what the ad says, and since when are they accurate?

But generally i get around 5 hours actual usage.. Although having said that i haven't once run out of juice yet so...

I think the battery performance on the latest ibooks is great.. not many people need longer battery life than 5 hours anyway!
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

how long can you leave it on sleep before the battery dies?
QUOTE Thanks
Solafaa

5:30 mins here, but watching dvd's will take more power then browsing te web
QUOTE Thanks
pedXing

a little over 6 hours
QUOTE Thanks
gregh2000

The battery that came with my iBook when purchased would show 6:30 available after a charge, however it would die flat at 2 hours left. Stupid thing, it was covered under applecare and it was deemed a defective battery, now the system tells me about 4:00 left when charged which is more accurate. So my question is have any of you with a 6 hour time left actually drained it? At first I never let it get low, but when i tried, it just shut off, black screen and it was dead with about 2 hours left in the meter, lol.

G
QUOTE Thanks
vjamacaddict

I get a good six hours of use from my new G4 iBook. I've been removing the battery though when I use the AC adaptor. Hopefully that will lenghten the battery life?

-- vjamacaddict
???????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh2000
The battery that came with my iBook when purchased would show 6:30 available after a charge, however it would die flat at 2 hours left. Stupid thing, it was covered under applecare and it was deemed a defective battery, now the system tells me about 4:00 left when charged which is more accurate. So my question is have any of you with a 6 hour time left actually drained it? At first I never let it get low, but when i tried, it just shut off, black screen and it was dead with about 2 hours left in the meter, lol.

G
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ibook stuff | which one to get... »