New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Please Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ChrisAHF

ChrisAHF is on a distinguished road

Ok so i dont really know much about computers.But i do know i am getting a Macbook with a 2GB RAM.I plan on buying one but not from apple becuase of the price.I have been looking at others and i have a couple questions.How is the speed of a 2gb RAM measured.The one i am looking at has DDR2 667 (PC2 5300).Is that good?.Also what is CAS Latency.My main purpose is school but i will have a decent ammount of media such as music and maybe games.
This is what i am looking at.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231124

Also is it hard to install the hardware?
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAHF View Post
Ok so i dont really know much about computers.But i do know i am getting a Macbook with a 2GB RAM.I plan on buying one but not from apple becuase of the price.I have been looking at others and i have a couple questions.How is the speed of a 2gb RAM measured.The one i am looking at has DDR2 667 (PC2 5300).Is that good?.Also what is CAS Latency.My main purpose is school but i will have a decent ammount of media such as music and maybe games.
This is what i am looking at.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231124

Also is it hard to install the hardware?
Installing RAM is not difficult at all. Tons of videos/articles that describe the process, just do a Google search.
QUOTE Thanks
Hustle

Hustle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD

I have a tutorial on youtube i made. If you get stuck, just search Macbook Upgrade on youtube.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Its cracked!!! | Mac book pro screen had died »