New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Trouble resuming from SLEEP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AlcatrazT2

AlcatrazT2 is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone.
When my computer had trouble resuming from sleep, it had about 27% battery life remaining, if that will make a difference...
Basically, when I close the lid of the computer it automatically sleeps. Almost always, when I open the lid, the computer automatically boots up from sleep. This time, it wasn't. Any suggestions?
Problem was solved after I plugged in the power source and the battery went up to 30%+. Is this some kind of a precaution? Thanks in advance.
-George

Edit: Problem came back again. This time, the battery is up to 72% I opened the lid, the computer did not resume from sleep. Closed it again and opened, and it worked like a charm. Software issue?
-George
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

Sometimes it takes about 30 seconds to wake. It helps to push enter a few times for me. Was this any help?
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

My iMac usually starts back up right away when I tap a button on the keyboard. Takes me usually about 2-5seconds.

Although it could be due to config differences. Has yours always been like this?
I suppose you'd also have to take powersaving modes etc. into consideration?
QUOTE Thanks
Verted

Verted is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM

Yes i've been having this problem lately. Its just annoying, but it definitely never used to happen, it used to just wake up straight away when I opened the lid.

--
Thanks,
- Verted

http://verted.net
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Try downloading and running Onyx or Cocktail (I prefer Cocktail)

Onyx: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...ties/onyx.html

Cocktail:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos.../cocktail.html
QUOTE Thanks
AlcatrazT2

AlcatrazT2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. I think I found out why it was behaving like this.
When the lid is closed, the light on the lower right hand corner is solid. If you try to open the lid, the computer will not resume as it is still going into sleep mode.
Now, if the lid is closed, the light is solid, and you wait until it "dances" and then you open it, it'll resume from sleep.
Hope this helps.
-George
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

I only ever have problems if my external hard drives are switched on when i put the MacBook to sleep, no problems waking up if only the internal drive is connected.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2.2 or 2.4 GB? | Western Spanish Question »