Buying interna hadrdrive?????

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, Mabook Air, Ipad Mini Retina, Ipad Air2, Airport Time Capsule, 2x Iphone 6
    My macbook hardrive died a few days ago. I am going to best buy today to get a new one. My question is, I know i need a 2.5" sata internal drive. What else does the box need to say? Is there a certain type of interface with the macbook I need to look for? Whats the diffrence between ata and sata? Wht exactly do i need to tell the bets buy geek squad guy to ensure i come home with the right harddrive? thanks for your help.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 w/4 gigs, Mac Pro Dual Quad 2.8's with 16 gigs of Ram, iMac 21" i5
    It has to be a SATA drive, NOT IDE. As long as it is a 2.5 SATA drive it's alright. I would go to newegg however, Best Buy will charge an arm and a leg.

It has to be a SATA drive, NOT IDE. As long as it is a 2.5 SATA drive it's alright. I would go to newegg however, Best Buy will charge an arm and a leg.
    its ok he has 2 arms and 2 legs

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by jaster View Post
    My macbook hardrive died a few days ago. I am going to best buy today to get a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgchambers View Post
    Your Macbook should still be covered under AppleCare, which means it is possible get it replaced for free from Apple. No need to go to Best Buy and pay through the nose for one.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information