New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Best option for MBP CD Hard Drive upgrade?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mace

Mace will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP

I'm quickly running out of room on my Rev A. 1.83 MBP so I'm thinking of upgrading the hard drive. Now I know about the warranty issue and I'm ok with that. I'm really looking at what my best bet is as far a space is concerned. I'll be using this computer when I enter my first year of Law School and I don't want any surprises.

I've never taken a laptop apart but I'm overly worried about it and if it came down to it I think I could do the swap if need be. I'm looking for at least a 160 gig hard drive, which would double my current capacity.

I know newegg, macsales and the like all carry hard drives and I can find directions on macfixit (I think) on how to take my MBP apart but I'd like to know of options in which I can have the swap done professionally. Just to be able to price the difference and see if sending it out is worth it.

If anyone can provide some insight I'd appreciate it greatly since I'm trying to get this done within the next 2-3 weeks.
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Mace will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP

Wow, 46 views and not 1 reply? Oh well.
QUOTE Thanks
MMATruman

MMATruman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD

I honestly would just do it myself. I'm almost positive ifixit.com has a really good tutorial on how to do this, I know i've seen it somewhere...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Does your trackpad make funny noises? | MBP power adapter block extremly hot!! »