New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

My 1.33GHz PowerBook Vs My 2.8GHz Acer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

citystar2k

citystar2k is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.

Hi there, i've been a bit busy this morning editing some video footage footage down, and when i went to do the second tape, i thought i'll try and compare my new powerbook to my acer laptop. My powerbook has the ram maxed out at 1.25GB, my acer has 1GB of ram. I took 20mins of the tape and pulled it through the acer before compiling the clips, then i pulled the same 20 mins through my powerbook, and i gave the acer a 5 second head start when i dragged the clips onto the timeline(i'm using moviemaker2), then i did the same with the PowerBook using iMovie.

Right, the comparisons:

The PowerBook took maybe a second to compile all the clips into the timeline, no rendering whatsoever.

The Acer took roughly 11 mins to render 20mins of footage before it compiled the clips into the timeline.

So if anybody is not sure about getting a mac and you have questions, i hope this answers one for you, and before you might i'm biased, i'm a longtime windows user, and i'll carry on using windows for certain thing, but yes, i love my PowerBook.
QUOTE Thanks
Mojo027

Mojo027 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9

That my friend is the power of Macs. Now try Warcraft 3 on both machines and see which runs better. .
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

RAM is the speed of the mac.
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

Yeah, and I"m still using 512..

AOL sent me 128mb of ram for free, just I don't think it would work unless I have another 128mb chip, but eh. I'm going to buy another 512 strip and a 1gb strip sometime this summer.

But this thing still runs like a champ with just 512, so no complaints
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« In the Box? | iBook G4 Old Software/OS 9.1?? »