New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - how to connect macbook to external display (lcd tv)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

antthony

antthony is on a distinguished road

hi everyone i'm here to ask whether anyone knows how to connect macbook to a lcd tv. As i know it's possible to connect pc to a lcd tv via vga cable but there's not any vga socket on macbook or are there any male usb to male vga cable??? in order to connect it to the macbook's usb,anyone has tried or knows how to connect please tell me it'd help me so much

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
jezster

jezster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G

You will need to purchase a mini-dvi to VGA or DVI cable from the Apple store. I managed to get them to throw in a Mini-DVI to VGA when I purchased my MacBook. Only problem is that you need to connect sound to an Amp or get a 3.5mm headphone jack to phono cable and plug it into the TV.
QUOTE Thanks
antthony

antthony is on a distinguished road

But what do u mean by "problem is that you need to connect sound to an Amp or get a 3.5mm headphone jack to phono cable and plug it into the TV." and other than mini-dvi to VGA or DVI cable(how it looks like) or can i use other vga cables (the common ones)
QUOTE Thanks
wytwolf

wytwolf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD

Here is a link that might help you.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....7.0.0.1.3.1.1

You need a mini dvi to dvi or mini dvi to vga depending on your monitor. You also need a cable to get the sound to the tv from the macbook (from headphone output specifically.
QUOTE Thanks
evanjorgensen

evanjorgensen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8GHZ 4GB, Powerbook G4, etc.

In order to connect the new macbooks and macbook pro's to an analog television, follow this video tutorial:

YouTube - How To Connect your New Unibody Macbook to your TV
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook battery Break in? | Mini DisplayPort Adapters Up »