New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Resolution problem when connecting to monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ridertech

I've got a 12" PowerBook that I'm trying to connect to my ViewSonic VA720-2 monitor (mini-DVI to VGA).

When the resolution is set to 1024x768, the image fills the 17" screen but is pretty fuzzy.

When the resolution is set to 1280x1024, the images looks great but is the same size as my PowerBook (12" = lame).

Any idea how to get around this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
ridertech

Since I'm unable to find a solution to this problem, does anyone know of requirements for a new monitor...

I'd love to get one of the Apple monitors, but they aren't very cost-efficient. Will any DVI-enabled monitor work?

Getting my 12" PB hooked up to a large monitor is the only thing stopping me from dumping Windows!
QUOTE Thanks
TTK

I don't know but a DVI monitor would probably work. I'm not really new to Mac but I just don't know.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« went from PC to Mac.....why????? | In the Box? »