New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Boots up darkest screen setting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SnowmanSimon

SnowmanSimon is on a distinguished road

My 2 day old macbook boots up on the darkest screen setting. The only thing to do to get it to full brightness is put it to sleep then wake it or restart and hope it boots up at full brightness.

If I boot up in windows I can't put it to sleep so I have to restart until it come up bright...

Getting really frustrated with my first mac.

Any ideas???
QUOTE Thanks
-Jack

-Jack can only hope to improve

maybe you should take windows off your mac as i think loading windows on your mac causes problems..

i don't see why you need to load it on as every windows programme has a mac equivelant which is usally better
QUOTE Thanks
SnowmanSimon

No mac equivalent for what Im running.
QUOTE Thanks
SnowmanSimon

Any know whats happening? I have searched everywhere with no answers...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Macbook right? Have you in OSX held down the F2 Key? F1 & F2 is brightness up and down. I am taking a guess on your issue.
QUOTE Thanks
SnowmanSimon

No they keys do not work while the computer is booted up in the dim setting. I called apple and they got me to reset the PRAM and I removed bootcamp. I had tried to reset the PRAM using the apple site and it said to hold the keys for 2 chimes but the guy on the phone said to do it for 4 and it worked so far...
QUOTE Thanks
Macwillis

Macwillis is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram

while the pc is booking my macbook pro doesnt do it i cant change it until the logon screen. besides why do you wanna see the apple logo when you boot?
]
QUOTE Thanks
SnowmanSimon

it boots up and runs like that. The dim setting doesn't work once the computer is on....Kind of hard to use a computer with no display......
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook keeps going to sleep in minutes of using | Will This Do What I Want »