View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1

    hobs707's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 04, 2007
    Posts
    108
    Specs:
    15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
    Buy MacbookPro now or wait for Leopard?
    Hey guys, I'm new here, but I have a question...

    Right now I have an iMac and an old 12 inch powerbook G4, and I'm looking to upgrade to a Macbook Pro so I can have the faster processor, more memory, bigger screen etc.

    Do you think it is better to
    A) Buy a MBP now and get the $200 student rebate, and then buy Leopard separately when it comes out?

    B) Wait till October when Leopard comes out and most likely a new line of MBP's and get one then, risking getting the bugs that come with 1st gen laptops?

    or C) Wait for the second generation of Leopard laptops with all the bugs worked out, and possibly the multi-touch function in the touchpad like rumored on engadget or tuaw?

    See, I don't want to be impatient and get something now when something even better and possibly cheaper will come out in a few months, but i also don't want to wait too long.

    Opinions anyone?

  2. #2

    Devin6224's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 03, 2007
    Location
    California the 714
    Posts
    51
    Specs:
    Ipod video 30 gb/ Macbook Pro 2.2...... iphone up next i know
    Just buy it now especially if you need a computer now

  3. #3

    VegasOnline's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2007
    Posts
    89
    Specs:
    20" iMac
    Are bugs a certainty? If so, are the bugs going to be something that would hamper enjoyment of your new MBP?

    U should pull the trigger, and get a MBP this weekend. Nothing says "Happy Birthday America" more than purchasing a new Mac!

    ...buy one now...
    "...love..."
    [/URL][/CENTER]

  4. #4

    hobs707's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 04, 2007
    Posts
    108
    Specs:
    15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasOnline View Post
    Are bugs a certainty? If so, are the bugs going to be something that would hamper enjoyment of your new MBP?

    U should pull the trigger, and get a MBP this weekend. Nothing says "Happy Birthday America" more than purchasing a new Mac!

    ...buy one now...
    Ha ha. you are a good man sir. I don't quite have the money yet, but perhaps I will soon.

  5. #5

    VegasOnline's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2007
    Posts
    89
    Specs:
    20" iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by hobs707 View Post
    Ha ha. you are a good man sir. I don't quite have the money yet, but perhaps I will soon.
    TY. But there are credit cards... you don't want to die with a good credit score do you? Where's the fun in that!?

    I'm w/you though, no money = no honey (MBP).
    "...love..."
    [/URL][/CENTER]

  6. #6

    hobs707's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 04, 2007
    Posts
    108
    Specs:
    15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasOnline View Post
    TY. But there are credit cards... you don't want to die with a good credit score do you? Where's the fun in that!?

    I'm w/you though, no money = no honey (MBP).
    Yeah I prefer paying cash. It's cheaper in the end that way.

  7. #7

    Devin6224's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 03, 2007
    Location
    California the 714
    Posts
    51
    Specs:
    Ipod video 30 gb/ Macbook Pro 2.2...... iphone up next i know
    Quote Originally Posted by hobs707 View Post
    Yeah I prefer paying cash. It's cheaper in the end that way.
    So true......so very true

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Feb 09, 2005
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by hobs707 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new here, but I have a question...

    Right now I have an iMac and an old 12 inch powerbook G4, and I'm looking to upgrade to a Macbook Pro so I can have the faster processor, more memory, bigger screen etc.

    Do you think it is better to
    A) Buy a MBP now and get the $200 student rebate, and then buy Leopard separately when it comes out?

    B) Wait till October when Leopard comes out and most likely a new line of MBP's and get one then, risking getting the bugs that come with 1st gen laptops?

    or C) Wait for the second generation of Leopard laptops with all the bugs worked out, and possibly the multi-touch function in the touchpad like rumored on engadget or tuaw?

    See, I don't want to be impatient and get something now when something even better and possibly cheaper will come out in a few months, but i also don't want to wait too long.

    Opinions anyone?
    I think that you shoudl go ahead and buy one now to be honest!
    I often thought the same thing when buying iPods/Macs.

    The bottom line is, if we all put off buying because we are waiting for the next "new thing" to come out, then most of us wouldn't have a mac and we wouldn't be here talking about them.


  9. #9


    Member Since
    Apr 19, 2007
    Posts
    780
    Specs:
    20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
    "Second line of Leopard laptops (No bugs)"?

    That option doesn't exist. Unlike with Vist....a competing operating system, it won't have bugs.

  10. #10


    Member Since
    Jan 09, 2007
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    "Second line of Leopard laptops (No bugs)"?

    That option doesn't exist. Unlike with Vist....a competing operating system, it won't have bugs.
    Put down the crack pipe, please, sir.

  11. #11

    hobs707's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 04, 2007
    Posts
    108
    Specs:
    15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    "Second line of Leopard laptops (No bugs)"?

    That option doesn't exist. Unlike with Vist....a competing operating system, it won't have bugs.
    OHohoho well played sir. Do you recall the overheating and discoloring macbooks? and there was something wrong with the first gen mbp's i think. i can't remember.

  12. #12

    hobs707's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 04, 2007
    Posts
    108
    Specs:
    15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
    Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    I think that you shoudl go ahead and buy one now to be honest!
    I often thought the same thing when buying iPods/Macs.

    The bottom line is, if we all put off buying because we are waiting for the next "new thing" to come out, then most of us wouldn't have a mac and we wouldn't be here talking about them.

    Ha ha. This is true sir. But don't worry, I have 2 other macs so I can still talk about them

  13. #13

    Devin6224's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 03, 2007
    Location
    California the 714
    Posts
    51
    Specs:
    Ipod video 30 gb/ Macbook Pro 2.2...... iphone up next i know
    what other macs do you have?

  14. #14

    hobs707's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 04, 2007
    Posts
    108
    Specs:
    15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin6224 View Post
    what other macs do you have?
    I have a 17 inch intel iMac, and an old 12 inch powerbook G4.

  15. #15

    yellow19man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 06, 2007
    Posts
    163
    Specs:
    MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
    Quote Originally Posted by hobs707 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new here, but I have a question...

    Do you think it is better to
    A) Buy a MBP now and get the $200 student rebate, and then buy Leopard separately when it comes out?

    Opinions anyone?
    On top of the $200 student discount you get a free iPod Nano or put the $229 towards a higher end iPod if you wish.

    It's a good deal.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Buy new macbookpro or wait for imac?
    By dogmess2 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 10:06 AM
  2. Buy new macbookpro or wait for imac?
    By dogmess2 in forum Music, Audio, and Podcasting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 08:43 AM
  3. Buy now or wait for Leopard?
    By Gonestarfishing in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:53 AM
  4. Buy now or wait for Leopard
    By kris182 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
  5. Buy MB with Tiger now or wait until Leopard?
    By ART in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •