New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook Screen Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MidniteHeart

MidniteHeart is on a distinguished road

I'm entering college next year, and I'm posed with the decision between the macbook or a 17 inch imac computer. Now I know most college students buy laptops, but I have to say, the larger screen is rather appealing to me.

My question is, do any of you macbook owners out there get tired of the smaller screen?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Shannonb

Shannonb has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard

It really isnt that small of a screen. I think it actually hits a sweet spot between portability and the ability to watch movies and whatnot.
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

I'm used to big-honking CRT's (or LCD's) 20" or bigger, with resolution cranked up to 1600x1200 or higher if they'll go up

For some reason, I love the size of the 13.3" 1280x800 Macbook screen, and rarely run a spanned external monitor even though I have one, and a Mini-DVI to VGA adapter.

The screens on the Pros are really nice, but not nice enough to justify carrying a notebook of that size.

Then again, I had a Toshiba Libretto, so I'm partial to small form notebooks.
QUOTE Thanks
GrEeKy

GrEeKy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5 2.16 GHz 1gb Ram 250gb Hard drive, Macbook 1.83 GHz 2gb Ram 120 gb Hard drive

the macbook is perfect. I use it in school all the time and i think it is great. Screen is perfect size.
QUOTE Thanks
tam

tam is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.16 ghz blac-book

ruv my macbook, screensize is great, plus its even better when watching a widescreen dvd.
QUOTE Thanks
professorjay

professorjay is on a distinguished road

I'm used to a 14" and was worried the 13 would be pushing it. I got used to it quick. I'll notice the difference for a minute going between my 2 laptops (14" HP and the 13.3" Mac) but nothing major.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best way to clean white macbook? | Use ONLY external monitor w/MBP? »