New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Will this RAM work with my Macbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joseluismb

joseluismb is on a distinguished road

I know there should have been lots of threads like this before, and I've already checked the specs of my RAM and everything seems to be okay. I just wanted to confirm if this should work with my Macbook (Intel Core Duo, 2Ghz).

http://circuitcity.com/ssm/Kingston-...Detail.do#tabs

Again, I just want to confirm, because I couldn't find this model at Kingston's website. And I want to make sure I don't waste my money. I won't make a useless buy. And please avoid mentioning that I could get it for less in X place.

Thannks a lot in advance!!
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Okay, I won't mention that you could get two gig (circuit city appears to be selling one gig) for the same price as the memory linked in your post.

I also won't mention that for that price (or thereabouts) I have the memory linked above in my Macbook, and it makes it fly like no notebook computer I've ever used.

But you didn't hear it from me. Someone else on this forum clued me in on this thing.
QUOTE Thanks
joseluismb

Haha =P

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just being so peky because I see people who have just installed RAM on their Macbooks are pretty happy with it but eventually flaws start coming up with time, so I just wanted to make sure I'm buying it from a place I know and using a quality-famous brand.

So it'd help me if someone could tell me if they have had any trouble with their RAM/Macbook after buying it from Newegg.com...

And BTW I'm planning on upgrading to 2GB.
QUOTE Thanks
hagios1972

hagios1972 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD

I got my Corsair RAM from Newegg and it is working fine. Others got G.Skill and Crucial from there as well as mentioned in other threads and they made good reports too.
QUOTE Thanks
joseluismb

I just get nervous when I read comments of people who started to have Kernel panics after installing RAM...

QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseluismb View Post
I just get nervous when I read comments of people who started to have Kernel panics after installing RAM...

I'll be even more cheeky, and make a comment that I had kernel panics before installing that new RAM.

It's true, too. I got my Macbook in Feb, and between then and March I experienced five kernel panics during random times across the board. Since then, and through the new RAM installation I've had none. I work this little machine HARD, as well, running multiple apps, carry it with me everywhere, and depend on it to serve me. I have been very happy.

Remember that at most forums, you're going to get either questions like yours, or "I'm having such-and-such problem...." so the anecdotal 'feel' is going to be more negative. Granted I have the original RAM standing by to pop in there should I start having problems but so far so good.

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
joseluismb

You're right... I think the reason I find so many negative comments on the internet is because people write more to tell how bad it has been than to share how wonderful it's been.

However, I've just decided I'll buy the 2 1GB sticks from Crucial, somehow their website, waranty, etc. gave me more confidente than Newegg.

Thanks again everyone!
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseluismb View Post

However, I've just decided I'll buy the 2 1GB sticks from Crucial, somehow their website, waranty, etc. gave me more confidente than Newegg.

Thanks again everyone!
That's a very good choice. I've bought from Crucial back when I had a Mac Mini and they did right by me. They have a very good reputation, and you almost cannot go wrong. I just happened to find the Newegg first this time around, and they even shipped it such that it arrived on a friday when it was supposed to come the following monday.

Either way, you'll find 2 gig of RAM to give you a remarkable speed boost. Even when doing mundane things like coming back from the screen saver. There used to be a little delay between moving the mouse or hitting a key, but now it's nearly instant. Heck, just about everything is nearly instant.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Insanely Cheap RAM | couple imortant questions... »