New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Battery at 99%

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

My new macbook pro often shows its battery life at 99% when it's plugged in and charged. Should I be worried?
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

Mine does this 90% of the time. I usually just unplug it for awhile and let the battery drain, then plug it back in. Not sure if this is the correct way to do it or not.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

hmm, alright. anyone else?
QUOTE Thanks
MacNewbie

MacNewbie is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwalk331 View Post
hmm, alright. anyone else?

i had the same problem....except now its always at 98 or even lower percentages...i also just unplug let it drain and replug

i was just meaning to post on this too hopefully someone knows better than i do wahts going on
QUOTE Thanks
core20

core20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo

your mac will remain at that level until it drops to below 94%, then it will recharge up to 100%, it hovers around 98 or 99% but NOTHING is wrong. You should drain your battery every month... ONCE a month in my opinion and then let it recharge and it will go to 100%, but you don't need to do that for it to charge to 100%.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

Please try to use the search feature in the future. There are several threads on this topic here.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« trying to by a mac | Little Black Dots? »