Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Got my new 12" Powerbook! But need help!
    Hi, got my new 12" 1.33 GHz Powerbook 20 mins ago, a real beautiful thing, but i need a little help. I paid for a 1gig memory stick but when i go into about this mac to check the specs of the Powerbook, it's saying the second memory slot is empty, any reason why this is?

  2. #2
    jerodhusvar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by citystar2k
    Hi, got my new 12" 1.33 GHz Powerbook 20 mins ago, a real beautiful thing, but i need a little help. I paid for a 1gig memory stick but when i go into about this mac to check the specs of the Powerbook, it's saying the second memory slot is empty, any reason why this is?
    When you go to "About This Mac" does it say you have 1gb of memory? It's possible it was shipped with a single 1gb stick in it. If it doesn't, call the place where you bought it.

    jjh

  3. #3

    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerodhusvar
    When you go to "About This Mac" does it say you have 1gb of memory? It's possible it was shipped with a single 1gb stick in it. If it doesn't, call the place where you bought it.

    jjh

    No, it's just the basic 256k, i paid for an additional 1gig, but it doesnt show, just says the slot is empty.

  4. #4
    jerodhusvar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by citystar2k
    No, it's just the basic 256k, i paid for an additional 1gig, but it doesnt show, just says the slot is empty.
    I'd be making a phone call, and fast. Does your invoice show the 1gig upgrade on it? If they charged you for it and you didn't get it, I'd be a might offended.

    jjh

  5. #5

    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerodhusvar
    I'd be making a phone call, and fast. Does your invoice show the 1gig upgrade on it? If they charged you for it and you didn't get it, I'd be a might offended.

    jjh
    Phoned them up, they did install it but it doesnt register at all, so they're collecting and sorting it out for me. I would try and do myself, but due to the high level of static i pick up from my work place, i dont wanna fry the memory and whatever.

  6. #6

    Padawan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 21, 2003
    Location
    Coruscant, Galactic Republic
    Posts
    1,185
    Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by citystar2k
    Hi, got my new 12" 1.33 GHz Powerbook 20 mins ago, a real beautiful thing, but i need a little help. I paid for a 1gig memory stick but when i go into about this mac to check the specs of the Powerbook, it's saying the second memory slot is empty, any reason why this is?
    Have you physically checked the slot to see if the stick is there? Perhaps you just need to reseat the stick.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

    Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

  7. #7
    jerodhusvar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by citystar2k
    Phoned them up, they did install it but it doesnt register at all, so they're collecting and sorting it out for me. I would try and do myself, but due to the high level of static i pick up form my work place, i dont wanna fry the memory and whatever.
    If you can find a good way to ground yourself, ie, a wrist strap you can get at Radio Shack for $5, it wouldn't hurt to check yourself. The memory may have just popped loose in shipping. I don't even usually use a ground strap, but I'm brave like that. (Or is it stupid like that...)

    jjh

  8. #8

    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    I'd rather leave it to the place that i bought the PowerBook from, we don't have Apple Stores here in the UK, some Apple Centres though, like the place i got mine from. I've waited long enough to get a PowerBook, actually was gonna be an iBook till Apple upgraded the PowerBook and iBook lines, and i thought just pay that little bit more for the PowerBook, it'll be worth it. Can't wait to run Premiere and PhotoShop through it, i hope it blows my laptop out of the water.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
  2. Transfer Music from Powerbook 2 Powerbook?
    By randomfactor in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 03:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •