Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
    (Light topic) Anyone else have insane need to constantly clean their trackpad?
    Since I've got my Macbook, about half a year ago now, I've developed this insane habit of constantly needing to clean the trackpad every few seconds or so by using my fingers to brush away the dust.
    As a result, I've noticed that i've developed a hyper-sensitive touch, which makes the smallest bit of fluff or dust feel insanely large to my fingers!

Anyone else have this or any other similiar habit?

p.s. do you actually know of anything which is designed specifically to clean the trackpad? :p only joking. No I'm not!

jamesx
    No...

Specs:
    2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
    I do that to with everything. It's called mild obsessive compulsive disorder.

I'm going out on the limb here and betting that you also hate having dirty or sticky hands.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesx View Post
    No...
    Oh gawd, this is going to be embarassing isn't it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonb View Post
    I do that to with everything. It's called mild obsessive compulsive disorder.

I'm going out on the limb here and betting that you also hate having dirty or sticky hands.
    Yay! Thanks Shannonb! :p And yes, I absolutely hate having dirty or sticky hands (I just realised that I must wash my hands about 50+ times a day - seriously. Please don't comment on this as well, I'm already enough of a freak with the original trackpack dusting problem! )

I used to love that grainy feel that you get on a brand new Macbook, both on the trackpad and keys. Any know how to get that feeling back?

Specs:
    2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
    I don't have OCD, but I DO swipe my trackpad with my fingers maybe once or twice per hour to get cat hair, miscellaneous bits of dirt/dust (dead skin cells?!?) off the surface. I have highly sensitive fingers though, so I feel any little thing that finds its way onto the pad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
    Girls with macs are so cute.
    "Suffer the little children..." compassion.com

Specs:
    Cats....Hair....near MY Macbook?!?! NEVER!!!!!

Specs:
    2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
    Hah, even if my kitty didn't curl up in my lap while I'm on MB, the hair is in the air!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
    Girls with macs are so cute.
    "Suffer the little children..." compassion.com

i'm in yr computer cabinet gettin fur on yr macbook!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenH View Post
    I used to love that grainy feel that you get on a brand new Macbook, both on the trackpad and keys. Any know how to get that feeling back?
    Was gonna start a new thread about getting the grainyness back, but thought it'd be better to continue this one!

I really miss that grainy feel. Does anybody know how to get that back? Or even the best way to clean your keyboard/wrist pad/mouse pad?

Specs:
    MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife
    Hi

From day one, when I opened the laptop, I installed/applied some protection to the trackpad and wristrest area. I kind of miss touching the "real" macbook, but from reading and reading, I found out that MacBooks get insanely dirty over time, and since I have been waiting for so long to get it, I protected it. To the trackpad, I got a simple sticker, and to the wrist rest and trackpad buttons, something more comfortable, kind of like a cloth, or whatever thats called. Its not completely flat and shiny, but has a warm feel to it. Dont know how to explain, sorry, am not a native.
    I picked all this gear up while I was in Japan, so I cannot really read what it was made of, but it sure feels good.

Did I make a mistake by covering up all the real material?

As for trackpad, I use a mouse, so I dont much touch it. On the other hand, I do have the OCD (if it stands for Obsessional Cleaning Disorder), I tend to blow hair and dust off the MacBook every hour couple of times. It just irritates me when I see something on that beautiful thing. We have a dog too, so hair flies everywhere.

Sorry for the threadjack,

Ben

Specs:
    13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
    Track pad gets a little dusty, and I have to get out of the habit of eating tomato based foods near it (chili, pasta sauce), but otherwise, no.

My Might Mouse ball, on the other hand, is another story. I have to keep my hands clean, and any little speck of anything that gets into it will cause scroll failure. Skin oils also seem to build up no matter what I do and I'm always having to roll it on a sheet of paper. In fact, I keep a sheet of paper nearby at all times just for that purpose.

I keep a can of air around to dust the keyboard from time to time.

Also have to quit smoking. I'm starting to see a serious yellow buildup around the exhaust vents.

Specs:
    MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
    im not sure when the switch was made by apple, but i have a 1.83 gen1 MB here with a completely smooth keyboard/pad/wrist rests.

my new 2.2 has the small bumps all over, quite nice, and im assuming harder to wear down.
    2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by bence8810 View Post
    Hi
    As for trackpad, I use a mouse, so I dont much touch it. On the other hand, I do have the OCD (if it stands for Obsessional Cleaning Disorder), I tend to blow hair and dust off the MacBook every hour couple of times. It just irritates me when I see something on that beautiful thing. We have a dog too, so hair flies everywhere.

Ben
    My friend has the same problem! Its hilarious. I asked her to stop it for 10 minutes and she found it hard to breathe!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerj View Post
    I keep a can of air around to dust the keyboard from time to time.
    Any recommendation of where to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by kgeier82 View Post
    my new 2.2 has the small bumps all over, quite nice, and im assuming harder to wear down.
    Do you mean that grainy feel?

Specs:
    13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
    [QUOTE=StevenH;526754
    Any recommendation of where to buy it?
    [/QUOTE]

I get them from Sam's Club around here (bulk type supplier for businesses/thrift buyers.) Three cans to a pack.

Otherwise, any office supply place or your UK equivalent should have them. Here in the states it would be Office Max or Staples. Over there not so sure.

Plenty of places to order from the internet, unless there is some kind of weird law that prevents the importation of dusters in the UK that I'm not aware of.

Cheers!

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Ummm, that donut was good.

Oh look, it even helps slide around on the trackpad!
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information