Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
    Trackpad and keyboard no longer work..
    All of a sudden today my keyboard and trackpad suddenly ceased to function. I have no explanation for this, as I was not engaging in any activity that is unusual or outside the bounds of what I ordinarily use my computer for. I was simply surfing the web and listening to music when out of nowhere I could no longer control anything. The power button still works, and I used it to force shut down the computer and reboot, which did not solve the problem. My bluetooth keyboard and mouse work fine, as do their USB equivalents, and I can't explain why this would happen. Any ideas?

And by the way, my computer is no longer eligible for warranty repair or replacement, and I do not have Applecare.

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
    Ive had this happen to me on a powerbook and my friend just had the one on his macbook go out, you need a new keyboard/trackpad. The way they are made if one goes out, the other stops working and the good news is that your logic board is fine because the usb mouse/keyboard work.

So basically you either need to buy a keyboard from a place that sells them and replace it yourself, or take it to apple and pay to have them replace it. I dont think there is anyway to fix this other than replacing it.

Specs:
    iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
    i would suggest a USB mouse and keyboard for a while...if the problem doesn't go away......:/
    iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
    iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
    Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
    Powermac G4 dual 450

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
    Where can I buy a new keyboard and trackpad? I have also been having problems with my optical drive, so if possible I would like to replace that as well since I will have to open the case to replace the keyboard. Is there a reliable used parts seller online that could give me a reasonable price? Thanks for the replies.

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
    This place has parts for all macs and they have how to guides to do everything, so this should help with replacing/fixing anything you want.

http://www.ifixit.com

Im not sure of other places that sell mac parts because ive never looked for them, but im sure somebody on here will know of a few. I looked at the keyboard installation and it looks like a pretty simple thing to do, aside from taking out a bunch of screws.

My trackpad is actually giving out too :S its kinda frustrating...sometimes it works, sometimes it does. if im using a finger to move my cursor around, sometimes it all of a sudden stops, and goes into the two finger scrolling mode...Its only been around 7 1/2 - 8 months since ive had my macbook...any suggestions?

Edit: I'm using a mouse, but sometimes when i need to use my trackpad this happens

Thread Information