New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Liner to put in between screen and keyboard when closing powerbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

h3o

My powerbook came with a thin foam liner to put in between the screen and base area when closing. Are there better versions of this out there for sale? I tried searching, but I don't know what they're called.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://www.marware.com/keyboardcovers.html

this is what i use

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

I use ScreenSaveRz. Works fine. I also use iSkin.
QUOTE Thanks
WhitE_RabbiT

Strider, how do you like your iSkin. I've been seriously debating buying one. Is the ScreenSaverZ really worth it?
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

iSkin is very useful. Seriously. I don't want anything between my keys on the laptop, so I got that. The top row (esc, F1 - F12, eject button) doesn't fit very well, but the rest fits fine. But having said that, the protection it gives in day to day use is great.

I haven't found ScreenSaverZ to be very useful, but thats just me. I use it only while the lid is closed. That is coz I heard the keys leave marks on the screen. But I later learnt that this affects only the older PowerBooks (titanium I guess). But its v good to clean the screen and restore the shiny look of the Aluminium PB.

Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
lzasitko

So far no problems with my PowerBook but I gather that keys touching the screen was aslo a iBook problem (not the clamshell, only newer models). I have a piece of fleese that works great just in case....
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

What is the "liner" for. I know my PC doesn't have one. :confused:

If its for the keys touching the screen, why doesn't Apple just very simply make more room between the keys and the screen???
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Matt:

Yes, they have done that now. I just didn't know that they have, and ended up buying a liner anyways
QUOTE Thanks
wvmac

wvmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell

When (with which Pb model) did they "fix" the keyboard-screen problem?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I use a piece of satin cloth. I got it from the yardage store for less than a buck.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

I use an old Pismo (G3 500) which is, I think, the worst offender in the key marks on the screen catagory. What I use to prevent this is a screen protector from OWC (www.macsales.com). It is made of black glove leather, looks cool and works.
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
I use ScreenSaveRz. Works fine. I also use iSkin.

radtech is awesome, definately get theirs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Target Disk Mode, Lid Closed? | Problem with iBook G4 screen »