New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Replacing Hard drive problem. HELP !!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xwingsct

xwingsct is on a distinguished road

This Question is for Macbook not Macbook pro.
I just ordered a new hard drive for my MacBook. It's Hitachi Model # HTS541616j9sa00. When I removed the old hard drive from my Macbook I notice there's 4 male connector pins the left hand side of the drive while the New Hitachi has none. I assume that must be the optional power connector.
I installed the new drive and the Macbook is not recognizing it. When I boot up all I see on the screen is a folder with a question mark.
Am I getting the wrong drive? Macbook does not support SATA power connector?

thanks.
Frustated man
QUOTE Thanks
xwingsct

I'm able to get into profiler and saw my hard drive there it show the model number and capacity of my hard drive.
But I guess it must be formatted by mac so the Mac would recognize it.
I'm still new with Mac. Here's what I did. I inserted Mac installation disc in and start installing and stuck at where what volume I need to install my Mac in because it shows that I have no hard drive. I thought that Mac tell me that it's a new hard drive and need to be formatted first.

Well, At least I know that the hard drive is working it just need to be formatted prior installing OSX

Could someone help me with that

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
xwingsct

Problem solved.
I monkey around and went into Disc utilities and erase the hard drive. Once I did that the hard drive showed up and it's now installing the operating system as we speak.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just bought refurbished, will I be ok? | G4-Backlit Keyboard suddenly not recognized »