Traveling Abroad w/ Macbook Pro
    Hello all. Hope this hasn't been discussed already. Did a search but not all the thread titles are descriptive.

Anyway, I'll be traveling to Euope soon and obviously want to take my Macbook, external hard drives, etc. with me. Are there any issues other than the different power outlets I'm not thinking of? I'd hate to get all the way over there and something not work.

Thanks in advance! This forum has been a life-saver on many an occaision.

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diomhair View Post
    Anyway, I'll be traveling to Euope soon and obviously want to take my Macbook, external hard drives, etc. with me. Are there any issues other than the different power outlets I'm not thinking of? I'd hate to get all the way over there and something not work.
    Macbook AC adapters accept voltage from 120v-220v, so yes all you need are the outlet plugs. Apple even sells their own kit, check it out...

http://store.apple.com/1-800-780-500...qsqVvw1MNzLEGU

As far as any other devices. You'll want to check on their AC adapters and see what the voltage is rated at. If says 120v.... no good, you'll need a converter as well. If it says 120v-220v... you're good to go!

Tip: If you need to buy a converter for anything make sure it's the correct watts for what you'll be using it for. Small electronics like notebooks, phone chargers, and hard drives only require 50watt converters. Appliances such as hair dryers that consume more power require converters that support around 1500watts.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    I invested in a Universal converter. It had 6 different plugs that were interchangeable and was good throughout Europe and Asia. I used that and then plugged a US power strip into it and powered everything off that. Radio Shack sells them for like $30.

Thanks for the info.

Thread Information