New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Video cam problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rkd56

rkd56 is on a distinguished road

The built-in vid cam on my MB only works occasionally, has anyone else had a similar problem? Every time I've decided to send it back for repair it starts working again...
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

You don't give much information at all, I doubt you're going to get a useful reply.

QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

is it just on OS X or are you running windows as well ?
p.s. - give more info.
QUOTE Thanks
rkd56

Only OS X, no windows
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

What do you mean by not working?

Can't video chat with people? Can't get any image to come up, both in iChat and PhotoBooth?

QUOTE Thanks
rkd56

The video image is not working at all or with any programs, chat, Skype, zip...
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

So does the Green light next to it come on when u open up Photo Booth or nothing happens. and If nothing Happens what, if any, error messages pop up when u go into photo booth.

Does it tell u that the iSight is in use by another program.
QUOTE Thanks
rkd56

No, the light next to the cam doesn't come on. When I try to use photo booth the error message says the cam is either not connected or is being used by another program. I can't quite figure out why...
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

I know this is a silly question, but am gonna assume that u did try to reboot the system and that didn't fix it. true?

And if it didn't (take this with a grain of salt, as am a Mac Newbie) is there any program that would be using the camera that might be running in the back ground that instead of Quitting it u should closed the window for it. Or may be some program that is set to work on the Startup of ur Mac that does use it.
QUOTE Thanks
kellmonstr

kellmonstr is on a distinguished road

he said the light doesnt work though...so i would assume that isnt the problem. how often does it work/what are the circumstances when it does indeed decided to work?
QUOTE Thanks
beetyjoose

beetyjoose is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook

My first guess was that your isight was in use by another program or web page. Sometimes if you have an app minimized you may not realize this. However, it sounds like you may have a hardware problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G3 Series laptop won't power up | Wristguards for Macbook? »