New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - speck see-thru or crystal case from ebay?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mutejute

mutejute is on a distinguished road

i just purchased a macbook (which will be delivered tomorrow) and i want to buy a hard shell/skin. i just stumble upon a clear case being sold in ebay (link HERE)
and i was wondering if its the same with speck see-thru or totally different? the price is less than half the price. speck is being sold like 32+shipping in laptopessentials.co.uk

i wont mind buying the speck if its a better one and wont scratch my macbook but if its just the same or provide the same protection, i could save some money and buy more accessories. thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

i bought a red speck from yourapplestore.com and it was fantastic. I wouldn't buy that one from ebay because if it is miscut or something you will have a lot of fun trying to replace it. Speck is really the only way to go in my opinion.

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
Arekisu

Arekisu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.

Thanks mutejute I've been looking for a UK seller since someone recommended this case. None of the resellers on the Speck site sell the MacBook cases, just iPod cases.

I'd get the one from the site you quoted (i am), the one on ebay could be a fake as it's half the price than on the Speck site.
QUOTE Thanks
mutejute

you could also buy speck products in easylaptopshop.co.uk and they have more colors available (and cheaper) than the one from laptopessentials.co.uk

heres the LINK
QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

i would only buy it if you can return it easily. these speck cases are great, but a lot of times they need to be sent back and replaced because they are mis-cut or warped. pay a little more and buy right from apple. my first one didnt fit and i called them. 5 mins after i called, they shipped me a new one overnight and it works great.
QUOTE Thanks
mutejute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx View Post
i would only buy it if you can return it easily. these speck cases are great, but a lot of times they need to be sent back and replaced because they are mis-cut or warped. pay a little more and buy right from apple. my first one didnt fit and i called them. 5 mins after i called, they shipped me a new one overnight and it works great.
do apple uk store online sell speck products?
QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

i am not sure, but the US store does. i assume they do.
QUOTE Thanks
mutejute

too bad apple uk store doesnt have speck seethru cases.
QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

you can look for a third party who carries it, just make sure you talk to them about a return if it does not fit... check with them before you but it. www.newegg.com has them, just call them and see what they say about a return if it is defective. i am sure they will stand behind it, just make sure first.
QUOTE Thanks
mutejute

thanks james for giving me the idea. there are only 2 stores that i know that sells speck seethru here in the uk. will ask for return policies before i buy one. cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

yep, no problem. if you get one to fit, you will love it. hopefully the first one you buy works great.
QUOTE Thanks
Arekisu

Arekisu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.

Can you let me know which one you buy from?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
ange.seth

ange.seth is on a distinguished road

I saw the Speck-version of these crystal casing, I bought mine from Ebay and it fits perfectly, it's pretty much the same thing as the crystal casing that are available for mobiles/cell phones. I purchased a black one and it's just great...very tight fitting and just PERFECT in size even the apple icon is cut to perfect shape I'm just wondering does anyone have these AND the silicone keypad cover?
QUOTE Thanks
stellar

stellar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

why the speck casing anyway?

i wanted to get one myself but after talking to an apple sales rep (and many other's on the forums), the casing actually scratches the laptop when you decide to take it off.. which is apparent since it does need to conform perfectly to the notebook.

why not try something like a clear skin by invisibleshield? it won't add any bulkiness.. and it has awesome testimonials.. a little pricey but works great.. (so i've heard)

i leave you with this link!
http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APPMCBF.html

"no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.."

--audrey h.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook with 2 external monitors?? | broken logic board (i think) »