New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - macbook and Vista

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sphinx55

Sphinx55 is on a distinguished road

hey guys I'm getting my Macbook in a week i'm getting the 2.0 version and i'm going to boost the ram up to 2GBmy self. my question is what do you think of the graphics card how does it compare to 7600GT the one i have on my desktop and i wanted to know if these specs are good enough for run windows Vista without problems ( most importunately the graphics card )
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx55 View Post
hey guys I'm getting my Macbook in a week i'm getting the 2.0 version and i'm going to boost the ram up to 2GBmy self. my question is what do you think of the graphics card how does it compare to 7600GT the one i have on my desktop and i wanted to know if these specs are good enough for run windows Vista without problems ( most importunately the graphics card )
The Intel 950 graphics chip is more then up to the task for running Aero in Vista.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

now we must ask ourselfs if vista is up to the task of being on the mac

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
Hustle

Hustle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD

I have made a video with the Macbook running Vista and playing CounerStrike. Check it out. www.youtube.com/onecreativedirector
QUOTE Thanks
Sphinx55

Sphinx55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeier82 View Post
now we must ask ourselfs if vista is up to the task of being on the mac
ok your absolutely write vista doesn't deserve to run on a Macbook but I'm a vitrine PC user not by choice. but I'm from Egypt and apple stores just opened in Egypt this year so i just need vista for a wile until i get the feel of Max OS
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I've run Vista on a Macbook and it runs just fine with all the fancy graphics. The Intel GMA 950 is a very capable onboard video solution. Though of course, it doesn't hold water to a serious standalone video card. It is definitely nowhere near the performance of your 7600GT.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx55 View Post
ok your absolutely write vista doesn't deserve to run on a Macbook but I'm a vitrine PC user not by choice. but I'm from Egypt and apple stores just opened in Egypt this year so i just need vista for a wile until i get the feel of Max OS
it was more of a sarcastic comment what i was trying to say

ive had vista business on a MB, and a MBP. It ran just fine on both.

I just am not all that crazy about vista in general. Plus i dont really need two OS's for now, and we all know what osx is!

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

symondavis has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

I did a 3d Mark 06 test.
Here's my results. It's shocking.
Processor Intel Core 1997 MHz
Physical / Logical CPUs 1 / 2
MultiCore 2 Processor Cores
HyperThreading N/A
Graphics Card Intel(R) i945GM
Graphics Driver Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Co-operative adapters No
DirectX Version 10.0
System Memory 2048 MB
Disk Space 152.63 GB
Motherboard Manufacturer Apple Computer, Inc.
Motherboard Model Mac-F4208CC8
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista

Score 226!

On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installed New Hard Drive-Can't install software! | Hardware difference »