New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Adapter for monitor???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joosid

joosid is on a distinguished road

I need to hook up a regular computer monitor to my MacBook, but obviously don't have the right port for a regular PC monitor cable. Is there an adapter I can get so I can hook it up? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

If by regular PC monitor, you mean a VGA plug, then your MacBook should have already come with the appropriate adapter. Go check your box for it.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Ricky B

Ricky B is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...

Really? I don't think I got one with my refurbished macbook... checks...nope.

And on the specs sticker it says it has a mini dvi port compatable with s-video, dvi and VGA with a little 3 next to it. The footnote for 3 says adapors sold seperately.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
If by regular PC monitor, you mean a VGA plug, then your MacBook should have already come with the appropriate adapter. Go check your box for it.
No MacBooks do not come with a Mini-DVI to VGA adapter, they are available from apple or your local apple retailer.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Well, I stand corrected.
That's a rip, though. I see it is an option for $19 more with a MacBook, but the iBooks used to come with it for free. I know because I had an iBook and the adapter was in the box when I got it. I never opted "in" for it and never paid extra for it.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Hustle

Hustle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD

Most normal PC monitors are VGA. I have a Dell 17'' Screen which is VGA. I needed to hook my Macbook upto it. I've just purchased the adapter.

Heres the one you need
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...&nplm=M9320G/A
QUOTE Thanks
Ricky B

Ricky B is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...

Why couldn't they just whack a VGA on the side? There's the space for it.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky B View Post
Why couldn't they just whack a VGA on the side? There's the space for it.
It may look like there is lots of space, but there also has to be extra space on the motherboard on the inside of the computer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« When are the new generation of Mac's coming out | Rotation function on ATI Radeon X1600 »