New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MBP Updates

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kirstycfc

kirstycfc is on a distinguished road

I currently have a Powerbook but have recently been thinking of switching to a Macbook Pro, so i was just wondering if anyone knew of any updates that may be coming out soon for the MBP before I go ahead with purchase. I dont want to have bought a new notebook only to find out I could have got something better if I had have held of for a little longer

Kirsty
QUOTE Thanks
Nicholi

Nicholi is on a distinguished road

Wait till at least June 11th (WWDC), Mr. Jobs' keynote could bring the overdue hardware revisions to the MBP. Rumors include moving to Intel's Santa Rosa Chipset, LED Backlit Screens, a GPU Update, and even possibly seeing 2GB of RAM becoming standard.

Or maybe will just hear nothing but iPhone and Leopard talk.
QUOTE Thanks
MXER514

MXER514 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 2GB RAM

Would those updates take effect immediatly? Or would you have to wait very long?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

They are usually immediately (except in the case of appletv, leopard, iphone where they were building hype)

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Nicholi

Nicholi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41 View Post
They are usually immediately (except in the case of appletv, leopard, iphone where they were building hype)
Those are also understandable cause there far more substantial products. Apple TV and iPhone were entirely new products, and Leopard being an OS has to be throughly tested, not to mention allowing developers time to adjust.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead" -- Charles Bukowski
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Stickers ok | Internal modem issues »