G4 titanium questions
    I'm looking at a G4 Powerbook Titanium 667mhz 768 ram 30 gig hd. It currently has os 9.2 on it. I'm wondering if this will be new enough to run most of what I want to do (Itunes, web browsing, basic photos stuff). Where can I get a cheap copy of OS X cheap? Will the Office 2001 it has work with OS X? And what's my best bet for geting a wireless card for this thing? The asking price is only $250, it seems to work well, the disk drive is a little noisy, but seems to work. Worth getting?

Astoria, Or
    MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
    Ebay! all your airport and software needs. Good price, go for it. You should be able to run tiger ok. But panther might be best. Not sure about ms office, but it should work. The airport card can also be found here. Remember to get the "airport card". Not the "airport express card".

1. Ebay for OSX and Airport Card
    2. 9.2 will run pretty bad if you use it with OSX installed
    3. OSX will run okay if you only want to do basic things
    4. Office 2001 - No, you would need to get Office X (this was the first version of Office for OSX) or Office 2004 (the later version). Proabably pick those up on eBay as well
    5. I'd probably get something a little newer but it depends on what you're using it for and how much you want to spend.

Chicago, IL
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    It will be somewhat slow, it is only 667MHz. For $250, I think you could find an 800MHz G4 iBook. But if you are going to be pumping more money into it with an airport card and other goodies, I would find something faster with everything you will need. It will cut down on a ton of shipping costs. If you hold out, you'll eventually find what you are looking for.

January 2008 Member of the Month

NY USA
    iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano
    I have a TiPB 677, it has airport/wireless built in.
    schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
    Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.

Thread Information