New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - How Long?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jedivulcan

jedivulcan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15' 2.33Ghz C2D MBP, 3GB RAM, 200GB HDD

How long does it usually take to receive a replacement Macbook Pro? I called them last Monday, complained, offered free upgrades, iPod, and Final Cut Studio 2. I sent it Tuesday and received a confirmation that my order has been placed because they confirmed I sent it (same Tuesday). Now it's a week later and I have received nothing from Apple except last Tuesday's confirmation that they were placing a replacement order. Monday they told me that the iPod would ship within 24 hours and that the Macbook Pro has a 1-3 day processing and then an overnight shipping. What gives?
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

give them a phone call? cant hurt, and after a week, id wanna know exactly what the deal is.

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
jedivulcan

Oh, I'm still mad. Called them up. Never got a clear answer as to when anything was going to ship. Finally, they managed to tell me an order number and said that an order was placed last week. I kept demanding that they give me a regular Macbook or something that can ship within 24 hours on top of my order now after a customer support rep said that nothing would ship until the 26th.. and I was like... "WHAT?!" The order number they gave me said that everything would ship the 17th-21st. They said they would expedite things since I haven't had a computer for over a week. Now the ship date has changed from what I mentioned before to the 23rd-25th. WHAT GIVES?
QUOTE Thanks
jedivulcan

I've been through FIVE broken Macbook Pro's and about a month of hassle from Applecare. Most people would have given Apple the finger and bought a Vaio by now. The only reason that I even bothered to stay was that they were going to send me a free 80gb iPod and Final Cut Studio 2. I'm back to being hassled, and I haven't had a computer for over a week now. Ship times are getting pushed back and I'm on the edge. I asked them to overnight ship me a Macbook on top of my order because I need a computer. I hate Apple.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« THe REMOTE!? | G4 titanium questions »