New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Which bag should I keep Incase Sling/Brenthaven Pro?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dice-K

Dice-K is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.16 GHz 15" MBP C2D 2.33 GHz 2GB RAM, Black Video iPod 80GB

Hey,

I've got 2 bags that I can use to carry my MBP with, an Incase sling pack and a Brenthaven Pro 12-15"...but I'm kinda wondering if I really need both of them? If you had to choose one, which would you take? At present time, I would probably use the slingpack because I don't have that much to carry with my MBP. Then again, if I get an office job of some sort down the road, that may require the additional space of the Brenthaven. The other 2 factors: I got the Brenthaven for free with my MBP, and I bought the slingpack before I got the MBP from Best Buy and it hasn't been used to this point and can still be returned. I got it on sale at BB for C$50.00, normal selling price is closer to $80.

I have thought about just keeping both of them cuz one of them was free, and the other I got at a good price, but then I thought if I returned/sold one of them then it would easily allow me to get other accessories that I still want for my MBP, at the top would be: Applecare, Elevator, laptop cooling mat, maybe an extra battery etc.

So, what should I do? I don't know how much I could get for the Brenthaven if I decided to sell it. It doesn't have the tags, but it looks just like new. I guess what might decide it is if I wouldn't get that much for the Pro, I may just end up keeping both, cuz I still like the slingpack which is why I bought it in the first place.

Anyways, any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kelvin
QUOTE Thanks
mrjoshyman

mrjoshyman is on a distinguished road

with the incase sling pack once uve got the MBP and power adapter how much more room do you have? can you fit a some books in as well?
QUOTE Thanks
pa_drumz

pa_drumz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

I love the brenthaven, personally. it really works for me, like it holds everything I need. Everything gets heavy, so the shoulder pad helps the load a ton
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Display on new MacBook looks horrible! Do I need a repair/replacement? | Transferring photos/music from Powerbook to MacBook Pro »