New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - How Many times

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Superide

Superide is on a distinguished road

How Many times have you had to send you Macbook back to Apple for service?

I have owned my Macbook for about 8 months now and have had to send my it in for service 4 times. So far I have had my Hard Drive replaced 2 times and 1 battery replaced. Now I am sending it in to have my iSight fixed, over heating problems, and when I have it pluged into the wall it schockes me.

Have any of you had any problems like this?
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

I took mine in for the palm rest staining problem, but mine was a first gen one. Otherwise its been rock solid. My warranty is up next month and so far I am pretty happy.

I should add I use my MacBook pretty much everyday now too as its my Main computer now. I am now addicted to OS X
QUOTE Thanks
visualpurple

visualpurple has a spectacular aura about

0 times and I'm at the 5 month mark (and I use it several hours a day, both at home and on the road)
QUOTE Thanks
Superide

I think I got a lemon....
QUOTE Thanks
arai_speed

arai_speed is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, OSX 10.4.8, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

At work 3 of us got MBP's - two were good, one was sent out 3 times. Bad HD, bad iSight. On the thrid try they replaced the mother board.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Over 12 months, havent had to send it in for a thing

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

No problems - and mine is a refurb.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Superide

im starting to think they should give me a new one.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualpurple View Post
0 times and I'm at the 5 month mark (and I use it several hours a day, both at home and on the road)
Same here. Bought it December 2006 and have yet to experience any issues

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

I got mine around October last year, with 0 problems to date. Touch wood.

QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

I got mine in Nov. 2006 and have sent it in 0 times. And I also take it with me to school and use it all the time here at home. So far..so good! =)

QUOTE Thanks
buttuh

buttuh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD

I think they would if you ask them.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

brand new core duo in september.

brought it in a month or so ago for the superdrive (would not play audio cds only). it was replaced free of charge.

that's it.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 — Tiger and OS 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superide View Post
So far I have had my Hard Drive replaced 2 times and 1 battery replaced. Now I am sending it in to have my iSight fixed, over heating problems, and when I have it pluged into the wall it schockes me.
You should demand a new computer. It's well past time repeatedly getting it fixed when it's delivering shocks.
QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

zero times for me. works great!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help! MacBook to Tv, Picture perfect, but no sound! | super drive question »