powerbook g4 disk eject??
    i just put a dvd into my powerbook g4 for burning. the dvd was not recognized at all. now i don't know how to eject it. i was told to open firmware while rebooting and type eject disc but that didn't work. is there any other way to get this dvd out of my powerbook?? help! any info is apprecieated. thanks.

Hold down your mouse button while booting up.
    That will eject it.
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

i tried rebooting holding the mouse button and tried again holding the trackpad button and still nothing.

when i click on the dvd player a window pops up that says "a valid dvd drive could not be found" did my drive take a crap on me??

if i need a new a cd/dvd drive is there a better one than the factory one i should buy. i burn a ton of dvds so is there a faster one out there?? thanks a bunch.

I've had this a couple of times and found the only way to get it out is by tapping the underside of the machine (directly under where the cd is spinning). Try to eject again and then tap again. Keep doing this a few times and hopefully it'll come out. Can you here the disc whirr around?

As for internal cd drives check out these from OWC I bought one just recently and have had no problems so far.

Thread Information