New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Macbook Pro Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xRACExITSaRALLY

xRACExITSaRALLY is on a distinguished road

I am trying to decide between the Macbook and the Macbook Pro. I mainly use my current Powerbook G4 for surfing/downloading/burning/playing videos to my TV. I was wondering if there would be any benefit going to the PRO vs the regular MACBOOK for this kind of useage?

Thnx.

~Leylan

EDIT: I also plan on doing a little bit of video editing (mainly cutting longer videos down to combine with others... home video stuff).
QUOTE Thanks
slashd0t

slashd0t is an unknown at this point

I had a Macbook and eventually moved to the MBP for a couple reasons:

More video memory

More screen real estate (big plus)

Looks more professional (It's hard to be taken seriously at clients with a glowing white laptop)

I really like the backlit keyboard

Performance is obviously better on the MBP, but, for everyday surfing, videos, music etc, the only real benefit you'll get from the MBP is looks and a bigger screen.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRACExITSaRALLY View Post
I am trying to decide between the Macbook and the Macbook Pro. I mainly use my current Powerbook G4 for surfing/downloading/burning/playing videos to my TV. I was wondering if there would be any benefit going to the PRO vs the regular MACBOOK for this kind of useage?

Thnx.

~Leylan

EDIT: I also plan on doing a little bit of video editing (mainly cutting longer videos down to combine with others... home video stuff).
welcome to MF! do a search on this topic and you will find a ton of related topics.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
mphubbar

mphubbar is on a distinguished road

I waffled back and forth as well. I like the MBP because of the bigger screen but also it has more ports and a PCI card slot which is espeically helpful for me because I can use that to get pics off my camera so when I travel I don't have to carry a pesky USB cord (you do have to get a small card reader though) And for video editing...no matter how small...it's always nicer to have a bigger screen!
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

ive had both, and they both have their pro/con's.

i loved the battery on the mb, thats +1 for it. and the price = +2.

now my current machine, the MBP...
+1 for the screen res
+1 for the look
+1 for the gfx/keyboard.

for me, it was an easy decision what to replace my first mac (mb) with.

bought the baseline pro c2d 2.16, added 1gb of ram for 2gb total, and called it a day.

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Heat issue went away...then came back | Warped Macbook »