New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Anyone has a soft case or soft bag.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aaagogo

Aaagogo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her

Hey peps...

Was looking at getting a soft case or a small bag, somewhere in the size of that nice protective bag that encase the MBP when it was brand new. So that I can slide my MBP into while transporting it, kinda like an protection padding so that the chances of scratching her would lessen.

Anyone using a soft case or bag can share with us what they have and where they bought it

Saw this interesting thing on Amazon... anyone using one?

No Photographer is as good as the simplest camera.

Currently Under Intensive Photoshop training... www.lynda.com
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

I don't have one, but both these links discuss the Speck:
Scratched Macbook Pro - is there anything I can do?

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...ighlight=speck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
Aaagogo

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her

yeah, that's the one i found on amazon... i don't think so i will be using that one, cause most of the time, my battery is out of my system, i only use my battery when i'm on the plane or somewhere when power is definitely out of the qn...

most of the time, i run my MBP from wall power and remove my battery...

prefer more of a soft carry bag or sometime... so that she won't be scratched up when i put her into my backpack.

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaagogo View Post
most of the time, i run my MBP from wall power and remove my battery...
Any particular reason why?

Leaving the battery (fully charged) in while the charger is plugged in is not going to harm your battery or reduce its lifespan one bit.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I have one of the Specks (red) and it's pretty nice, but a little pricey for what they are. I had a gift cert to Amazon when I got mine. I wish it were made of a harder plastic, it scratches kind of easily. Other than that, they're pretty cool and it gives me a little individuality when in class among other Mac users. I'd like to get a black one sometime. The red is a little flashy.
QUOTE Thanks
Aaagogo

it's just a personal preference of taking care of my battery

when i'm home, my MBP is switched on only unless i have to carry it somewhere else.

I know on my thinkpad that the battery will not charge if it's above 95% full, anyone knows if the MBP does the same?

i have lots of friends who just leave their battery in their laptops and then plug it in when they need to used their laptops. i notice that the battery lifespan is greatly shortened, due to the constant charging of the battery.

my thinkpad T41 is more than 3 yrs old and the battery on a full charge still lets me complete a DVD movie. where as my friend's battery can't even last a complete DVD movie after 9mths to 1 year.

so i guess me taking extra care of the battery kinda works...

and i don't think so i have to worry now, cause applecare takes care of the battery too for 3 yrs....

Apple rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
Any particular reason why?

Leaving the battery (fully charged) in while the charger is plugged in is not going to harm your battery or reduce its lifespan one bit.

QUOTE Thanks
BethanyLieb

BethanyLieb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic

I bought this yesterday, it's adorable. I can't wait to get it. muahaha...

here's the linkage: http://barrysfarm.net/store/single_view/20#

they also have a few other fun ones.... click the catalogue to see them.

Bethany
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Aaagogo, whenever i hear someone working like that i shudder. i agree with DB, i don't think you're doing any harm by leaving it in and on a/c at the same time.

you are, however risking abrupt shutdown from power outs or the power connection coming undone. you're also risking data corruption from dips in power that the battery would otherwise smooth out.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I described my delight with a MacBook sleeve from Waterfield Designs in this thread.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook won't shutdown, restart or go to sleep | Keyboard and Trackpad unresponsive! »