New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Turning on the built in cam

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WOGIT

WOGIT is on a distinguished road

I have the MacBook and I am trying to get the built in cam to work with a program called ISPQ with out much luck. Is it not possible to simple turn on the cam and use it with what ever program I chose?
Thank you for any help
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

If the program isn't programmed to access the iSight then it will not work

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
WOGIT

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I hope Mac in some future patch adds a on button to the cam so that it can be used with any program that uses a webcam
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Its not an apple issue. 3rd party programs have full access to the camera, but if they don't program their software to use it, it won't work

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, WOGIT.

iSpQ is listed on this webpage, A short list of some applications that work with iSight.

I would contact the iSpQ support staff to see what can be done to solve this.

If you do get it to work, it would be cool of you if you reported back and posted the solution for any other member having the same problem as you do.
QUOTE Thanks
WOGIT

Will do and thanks again for all the info.
QUOTE Thanks
WOGIT

I just sent my question off to there support staff so with any luck I will have there answer in a day or so.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Cool! And good luck in getting it to work!
QUOTE Thanks
WOGIT

Here is the reply that they sent to me

Our Solution:

Hello

Use iSpQ VideoChat>Preferences>Video to activate your built-in Mac camera. Be sure to quit any other program which also uses the camera before starting iSpQ.

iSight is a generic name for several Apple Cameras. The external one is a firewire device while the integrated one uses USB. iSpQ uses the controls available in the drivers assigned to each camera. At the moment, the driver for the integrated camera has fewer available options than those for the external model.

We have found several sources of software which might help, both having free trial periods:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/ for a utility which adds controls to Apple iSight drivers

http://www.ioxperts.com/index.html for enhanced drivers for Mac OS web cameras

George E Little nanoCom Support Staff

Now after my dinner I shall give it a try
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Crossing my fingers for ya! Let us know if it works!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The New Battery DID WHAAAA?!! | some brushhair left inside Superdirve »