Exclamation what Is wrong with the MacBook display?
    My wife just bought a Black MacBook and the display has now crack for no apparent reason. Such cases have been popping up all over the internet and they all seem to be associated with the MacBook. I truly believe there is a design flaw in this computer. The display seems to crack for no reason or under normal wear and tare that every laptop I have ever used has handle perfectly fine. Apple wants me to pay them almost the full cost of the computer itself to get it fix and I refuse. they claim to have no knowledge of other complaints pertaining to this matter though I know many other people have in-fact complained and are taking them to small claims court. It is also suspicious that the only locked forums on this board pertain to this very defect. I would like to hear more of your stories and perhaps group together in order to address apple as a group rather than individuals. I have set up and e-mail account for this purpose and ask that anyone who has had this problem or knows someone who has this problem to contact me. I would like your story, who you have contacted at apple and when, if the problem was resolve, case number if applicable and your computer serial number to see if maybe I can tell if these computer are from a similar lot. I know this is weird and I don't like to give out information to strangers either but I believe we will have more power as a group. I DON'T want your SSN, date of birth etc. just your story pertaining to this problem and if you are uncomfortable just me a way to contact you and we can talk. The email address is:

crackeddisplay@hotmail.com

thank you all in advance.
    -Mike

i haven't heard of a case yet on these forums of the display itself cracking. cases, sure. wrist rests, yep. but displays?
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    What are "LOCKED FORUMS on this board"?

yeah, i missed that dt...

i'm calling shenanigans!
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Specs:
    2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
    I'd like to know more about all the other people with cracked displays. This is news to me.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Have yet to hear of the display itself cracking in the 4 months I've been active on this board. One would think that if this is truly a design defect, lots of people would be voicing the complaint here.

To the OP - this board has no affiliation with Apple, Inc. and plenty of people come here every day to voice their frustrations with their computers. I highly doubt the mods would lock a forum because people were posting about a problem with their computer. To discuss Apple-related trials and tribulations is what we're here for.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

lmao...I had a cracke bottom case, cracked palm rest. Never a cracked screen, I'm calling shaninagans too..

I apologize. I originally wrote this on an apple.com discussion board. You can find these boards in the support section. I wanted to find more people with this problem so a copied and pasted my message on this board. I neglected to edit out the apple specific part of the message for I was up very late at night and was getting a bit lazy. If you want to read more of these stories a suggest going to:

http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1168

or searching their boards for cracked displays. You will find that some of them have been locked by apple and my post the same one that I posted here (except for a part where I ask apple to give me the dignity of a response should they remove my post) has been removed with no response. Again if you have this problem shoot me an email at crackeddisplay@hotmail.com. You don't need to give me all the info but let's get a dialogue going and see if their is enough of us to justify calling this a design flaw.

Specs:
    Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
    I've never heard of this before. When treated with reasonable care (it does have a sheet of glass in it after all) I'm surprised the screen can crack spontaneously.
    [URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
    I judge you when you use poor grammar.

Thread Information