Thread: iMic

Kananigirl
    iMic
    My brother just ordered his 12" ibook today! He wanted to know what everyone thinks about the iMic is it any good or invest in something better? He is looking to convert tapes to cd. Do some things in Garageband as well.

iMic
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I have an iMic and it works every well. The are more expensive solutions out there, but I think the iMic will suit his needs just fine.

I have use it to get sound in to my powerbook off a mixing board.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Chamorro
    Don't forget that more expensive solutions (Starting at ~$70US)will probably have more input/output options (including Dolby Digital Decoding and other home-theater-type features), MIDI capability and their own power supply.

Kananigirl
    Thanks! He wanted to know which others are good? He's looking around online for reviews.

TylerMoney
    If he wants to do things in garage band, such as record live instruments and vocals...there are several things...the one I'm looking at getting, is a bit expensive, but it's really nice. It's the us-122, I beleive made by tascan. It's got two audio in's, two out's, a mic in, and a midi input. It hooks up by usb. It's about 200 bucks though...but real good for amature recording.

Kananigirl
    Tascam us-122
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerMoney
    If he wants to do things in garage band, such as record live instruments and vocals...there are several things...the one I'm looking at getting, is a bit expensive, but it's really nice. It's the us-122, I beleive made by tascan. It's got two audio in's, two out's, a mic in, and a midi input. It hooks up by usb. It's about 200 bucks though...but real good for amature recording.
    Ooooooh is it this one? I will mention it to my brother. My sister wanted to check out USB Audio/MIDI Interface to maybe get later.

TylerMoney
    that's the one

Kananigirl
    Thank you! He's going to check that out.

Chamorro
    Check out some Edirol (mfrd. by Roland) too, they're a little more expensive, but I've heard good reviews on them.

Thread Information