New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Just ordered my new PowerBook! 5.1 surround sound, how?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WhitE_RabbiT

Fully loaded (check out the specs on the left). I'm so excited. Hopefully Apple won't realease any more updated before I go to college in August.

I have a question tho. How would I go about getting 5.1 capability out of my new laptop. I'm assuming I would need an external sound card/device. What would be my best option?

Thanks Guys
-A happy new Mac user
QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

I'd go with M Audio products. I used to own their Audiophile 24/96 card for my DP1.25 G4 and it truly sounded amazing. Not quite home theater component amazing, but let's get real...for a computer, it was pretty sweet. They got a USB 7.1 device called the Sonica Theater I believe. I'm sure they have 5.1 models as well, but in my opinion? M Audio all the way baby.
QUOTE Thanks
WhitE_RabbiT

Thank you very much for the reply. I will go check them out right now.

Does anybody else have any other suggestions? Perhaps a good site I could go to in order to browse some hardware made for macs? I am new, so I am not really sure where I should be looking.

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

At Bob Levitus' site there are most if not all the great Mac links
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitE_RabbiT
Thank you very much for the reply. I will go check them out right now.

Does anybody else have any other suggestions? Perhaps a good site I could go to in order to browse some hardware made for macs? I am new, so I am not really sure where I should be looking.

Thanks again.

I like M Audio too, but also look into Yamaha's Cavit series of external processors, a couple of models have built-in amps.
QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

Haha, Whiterabbit, I just find it humorous that despite your name, you have a rubber ducky as your avatar.
QUOTE Thanks
WhitE_RabbiT

ya, rubber duckies are cool
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What's the screen response time for the new 17" PB? | SimCity4 »