Slight Bulge Normal?
    Hey I have just noticed that throughout the underside of my laptop has a slight bulge. At first I thought that this could be a problem I thought that if the bulge was too big then it would rub against whatever surface the laptop is on. The bulge is around the area of the CPU, the warmest part of the case. I looked at many pictures and it seems that it is normal? Does anyone else have this?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    It could very well be your battery, which I believe is located near your processor. Try taking it out and then placing the MBP on a level surface. If it sits perfectly flat, then the battery is the culprit.

Thankfully, Apple will most probably replace it for free :black:

Ok I kinda drew the back of the laptop you can see that that bottom of the case kinda hangs like a belly, I't kinda exagerated but you get the idea. I have seen a few with the same thing, maybe it is normal. Finally the battery flat, no bumps, no warps no nothing.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2GHz CD 1 GB RAM 80 GB HD
    I think that they all have a slight bulge. Unless you aren't exagerating as much as I think you are.

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    I don't see that problem on my MBP CD.

just a guess...
    Maybe it's kinda expending due to heat? I would get an iLap. I bought one 3 weeks ago and it's the best accessory I've ever bought for my MBP.

Specs:
    Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
    I just looked at mine and it appears to be a slight bulge, but it is just an illusion because of two lines being close together with boxes in between ... here look at the attachment. Notice that the lines are indeed straight, and the boxes are the same height. Yet, the lines seem slanted ... or, in your case, curved.

Also, if it had a slight bulge, the MBP would wobble when placed on flat surfaces.

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    There have been a lot of cases popping up here and there about bulging/expanding batteries. If that is the case, take it to your nearest Apple store and they should replace it for you. Just put a straight edge, like a ruler, across the bottom to see where the problem is.

We'll I checked and it is bulging, about 1/16 inch, yeah it's not much but this could probably lead to problems later on, right now I cant even slipe a single sheet of paper under it. I don't know if I should call apple, but then again I did pay lots of $$ for it. I also saw and there is about 2 mm gap on the left side of the lid. Oh well.

Thread Information