Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   How many have downloaded the Macbook battery update? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/61157-how-many-have-downloaded-macbook-battery-update.html)

Dice-K 05-01-2007 01:12 AM

How many have downloaded the Macbook battery update?

Hi,

Was just wondering how many people have downloaded the MacBook battery update? I read on another board that someone did that and it subsequently decreased the charge of the battery? I dunno how accurate that is, but my battery seems to be fine as of right now, so I'm holding off on the update till I can get some feedback from others who have gone thru with the update. Thanks!

Kelvin

TenderSurrender 05-01-2007 02:10 AM

Hey there Dice-K :)

I havent noticed a difference since installing the update if that helps!

~~ TS ~~

Kash 05-01-2007 02:44 AM

We have two threads on this. Check out some of the responses:

Battery Update 1.2 Released

Macbook - battery update

SanJoJoe 05-02-2007 04:06 PM

Battery Update

I have just performed the update on my Macbook(which has the black X in the battery symbol), and nothing has happened. I have scheduled an appointment with a genius tonight. I am a little frustrated, as this will be my third major issue with my macbook. Already, the hard drive has had to be replaced, as has the optical drive. The top case and keyboard have been replaced twice, but those weren't major issues. Hopefully this will be the end of my problems.

Noxian 05-03-2007 05:23 PM

Downloaded the update, cant say I noticed any difference in my battery performance or anything, even after calibrating the battery.

Jamesbob220 05-03-2007 10:21 PM

I have a buddy that contacted apple care about it. I guess most macbooks sold before feb 07 had overheating batteries. this is supposed to fix that.

theoretically it causes the fan to turn on a lot more often, which may be why some people are experiencing less battery life.

Noxian 05-04-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesbob220 (Post 386287)
I have a buddy that contacted apple care about it. I guess most macbooks sold before feb 07 had overheating batteries. this is supposed to fix that.

theoretically it causes the fan to turn on a lot more often, which may be why some people are experiencing less battery life.

Overheating batteries... hmm wonder if thats why sometimes the battery charging light cycles from orange to green back to orange.

MrMacbookMan 05-04-2007 09:10 PM

haven't noticed any difference since updating.

GulfVetSAF 05-04-2007 09:15 PM

No difference since update...

hagios1972 05-05-2007 03:04 AM

downloaded it two days ago and noticed that the battery is not heating as much as before at the base. the power adaptor still stays just warm as before.

chrisiw 05-05-2007 07:21 AM

Did it today all seems fine so fare.

Dice-K 05-06-2007 02:43 AM

thanks for the replies! I think then it should be safe for me to go ahead and download the update as well.

Kelvin

chrisiw 05-06-2007 05:02 AM

Yep! still no problem all running as before.