Changes for Leopard

Changes for Leopard
    Hi, I'm planning on replacing my current laptop with a new Mac Book Pro, are there going to be any changes to the laptop itself that would make it worth waiting until October to buy one instead of just getting one now and upgrading to leopard?

Changes for Leopard
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by shusty View Post
    Hi, I'm planning on replacing my current laptop with a new Mac Book Pro, are there going to be any changes to the laptop itself that would make it worth waiting until October to buy one instead of just getting one now and upgrading to leopard?
    Apple is very secretive about most new product releases. There is no publicly available schedule or normal timetable for new machines. Rest assured that whatever machine you buy now will be more than sufficient for running Leopard as Apple's policy has been to support older machines, sometimes going back several generations. My advice would be that if you need a new machine now, just buy it.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Changes for Leopard
    Specs:
    30GB 5.5G iPod | 2.16GHz MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo
    but don't you have to pay for the upgrade to Leopard?

Changes for Leopard
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
    Quote Originally Posted by y04chs067 View Post
    but don't you have to pay for the upgrade to Leopard?
    Yes, but why wait 4 months before buying a Mac you want Now? Is it to save $130? how hard would it be to generate that much money in four months?

My friend was actually waiting till june to buy his mac, because of leopard, but now that it has been pushed back, he is dissapointed. Why base your purchase on dates you are not sure of.

I say get the Mac now, and upghrade to Leopard when it comes out. you wont regret it.

Changes for Leopard
    Specs:
    MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
    not like it matters to me now, but id like to see 1680x1050 in the 15"s
    2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt

Changes for Leopard

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjab3ar View Post
    Yes, but why wait 4 months before buying a Mac you want Now? Is it to save $130? how hard would it be to generate that much money in four months?

My friend was actually waiting till june to buy his mac, because of leopard, but now that it has been pushed back, he is dissapointed. Why base your purchase on dates you are not sure of.

I say get the Mac now, and upghrade to Leopard when it comes out. you wont regret it.
    aggreed... you won't regret it... no sense in waiting just to see it get pushed back again and again

Thread Information