New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Changes for Leopard


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
shusty

 
Member Since: Apr 29, 2007
Posts: 65
shusty is on a distinguished road

shusty is offline
Hi, I'm planning on replacing my current laptop with a new Mac Book Pro, are there going to be any changes to the laptop itself that would make it worth waiting until October to buy one instead of just getting one now and upgrading to leopard?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

 
cwa107's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 20, 2006
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 26,487
cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

cwa107 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by shusty View Post
Hi, I'm planning on replacing my current laptop with a new Mac Book Pro, are there going to be any changes to the laptop itself that would make it worth waiting until October to buy one instead of just getting one now and upgrading to leopard?
Apple is very secretive about most new product releases. There is no publicly available schedule or normal timetable for new machines. Rest assured that whatever machine you buy now will be more than sufficient for running Leopard as Apple's policy has been to support older machines, sometimes going back several generations. My advice would be that if you need a new machine now, just buy it.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
y04chs067

 
y04chs067's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 26, 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 39
y04chs067 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 30GB 5.5G iPod | 2.16GHz MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo

y04chs067 is offline
but don't you have to pay for the upgrade to Leopard?
QUOTE Thanks
Ninjab3ar

 
Ninjab3ar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 22, 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 338
Ninjab3ar has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600

Ninjab3ar is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by y04chs067 View Post
but don't you have to pay for the upgrade to Leopard?
Yes, but why wait 4 months before buying a Mac you want Now? Is it to save $130? how hard would it be to generate that much money in four months?

My friend was actually waiting till june to buy his mac, because of leopard, but now that it has been pushed back, he is dissapointed. Why base your purchase on dates you are not sure of.

I say get the Mac now, and upghrade to Leopard when it comes out. you wont regret it.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

 
kgeier82's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 01, 2006
Posts: 1,495
kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

kgeier82 is offline
not like it matters to me now, but id like to see 1680x1050 in the 15"s

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
afbuckeye05

 
Member Since: Apr 29, 2007
Posts: 6
afbuckeye05 is on a distinguished road

afbuckeye05 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjab3ar View Post
Yes, but why wait 4 months before buying a Mac you want Now? Is it to save $130? how hard would it be to generate that much money in four months?

My friend was actually waiting till june to buy his mac, because of leopard, but now that it has been pushed back, he is dissapointed. Why base your purchase on dates you are not sure of.

I say get the Mac now, and upghrade to Leopard when it comes out. you wont regret it.
aggreed... you won't regret it... no sense in waiting just to see it get pushed back again and again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« The first charge | Warm Fuzzy Feeling (had to share) »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?