New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Ram

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GulfVetSAF

GulfVetSAF will become famous soon enough

OK, I saw this posted in another thread. I was curious if anyone has purchased sticks from this site and if this link is what I need for my macbook?

Appreciate the input.

Scott

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231116
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

newegg.com is my absolute favorite on-line source for computer components. Excellent prices, fast and friendly service.

And according to this document on Apple's site, the memory you found is correct.
QUOTE Thanks
GulfVetSAF

thanks again cari...
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

That's the exact model I ordered for my Macbook. It took 5 minutes to install and the computer has been flying ever since. I highly recommend both G.skill and Newegg :black:
QUOTE Thanks
hagios1972

hagios1972 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD

I bought the MacBook with its original 1 GB RAM. So If I need to upgrade to 2GB do I need to buy one or two 1GB RAM? cheers ...
QUOTE Thanks
GulfVetSAF

More than likely you have two 512 sticks of ram, so you'll have to buy two 1 GB sticks... check under system profile
QUOTE Thanks
hagios1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfVetSAF View Post
More than likely you have two 512 sticks of ram, so you'll have to buy two 1 GB sticks... check under system profile
You're right ... thanks ..
QUOTE Thanks
joshed_240sx

joshed_240sx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2Ghz, 2GB ram, 500 gb HD

I will be buying this along with a White Mac Book from newegg next Wednesday!
QUOTE Thanks
hagios1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
That's the exact model I ordered for my Macbook. It took 5 minutes to install and the computer has been flying ever since. I highly recommend both G.skill and Newegg :black:
Thanks for this assurance. I bought my MacBook in the US when I was there last December but thought now of upgrading the memory to 2GB. I have to make sure that when I have the RAMs ordered that it is really compatible and will work well with the MacBook because I am in New Zealand.
QUOTE Thanks
buttuh

buttuh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD

I was running fine with 1GB. But it's really flying now with 2GB running MacOS and XP at the same time. The RAM I got on newegg.com is the Kingston so I can't speak for the G.skill. From the reviews it looks like you're making a safe bet.
QUOTE Thanks
hagios1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Thanks for this assurance. I bought my MacBook in the US when I was there last December and thought of upgrading to 2GB RAM. I plan to order this and have it shipped to New Zealand.

PLEASE IGNORE. THIS GOT REPOSTED TWICE. I THOUGHT THE OTHER ONE DIDN'T GO. SORRY.
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacbookMan

MrMacbookMan is on a distinguished road

I think everybody here would highly recommend newegg, it's very reliable. I bought my ram from there and had an excellent buying experience. I didn't buy that brand though so can't review on that. Good luck!

I was able to pay for my new macbook
just by trying out products from home.
The pay is great and it's free to join.
QUOTE Thanks
JaredXM

JaredXM is on a distinguished road

I am most likely going to buy a macbook soon. I am wondering what peoples opinion on whether I should buy a macbook direct from apple store with 2gb of ram, or buy ram similar to this and install it myself. I've seen a video of someone getting to the ram in a macbook and it looks pretty simple.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You should definitely buy and install the RAM yourself as you will save A LOT of money this way. Apple charges a ridiculous premium to upgrade your system from 1GB to 2GB. If possible, get your system with 512MB of RAM (I think this option is only available on the cheapest model) and then upgrade to save even more money.

Like I said in my earlier post, it took me just 5 minutes to do the upgrade. For an inexperienced person, it would probably only take 10 minutes
QUOTE Thanks
buttuh

buttuh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD

Since doing it yourself doesn't void Apple's warranty I'd go for it. Unless money is no object.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Memory upgrade | Power cord... »