Issues with my Macbook Pro
    I've had some hardware related issues with my macbook pro recently, firstly the touchpad button sticks from time to time and I have to either push it down really hard to pop it back up or try to pull it up myself. Secondly there's a really noticable dip where the superdrive is located that's crushing the drive, the top flap of the superdrive now sticks out by a lot, a dvd got stuck in there and I had to push the top part of the slot up by a bit with a ruler to get it to chuck out a part of the disk so I could take it out.

I've only had it for a month, so would it still be covered? I didn't buy the applecare package.

NY NY
    iMac Duo White
    You have one year on the warranty, and 90 days return policy. I suggest you take advantage of it and return the Mac.

North Boston, NY
    PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
    Did something fall on it? I cannot imagine what would be causing a dip near the superdrive or any buldging in the case itself.

New servers, much faster than before

Oz.....near the Wizards home
    iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
    Take it back and get it replaced. It would take a great deal of heat or weight to casue what you are describing..they are pretty strong. Has it been like that since you purchased it?
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
    MaDDoG's Photo Gallery -

Maybe it's heat? I did a lot of really graphics and cpu heavy stuff like gaming, etc that caused temps of up to 68 degrees C maximum, but I didn't let it get any higher than that.

Nothing ever fell on it, I guess I'll just get it replaced... *sigh* I think there was a slight dip at one point, but now it's just getting larger and larger and I have no idea why, would apple kick up a fuss if I ask for a replacement? Also I got the glossy screen with mine so will I be able to get a replacement with a glossy screen?

backing up all of my files is gonna be a nightmare

30GB 5.5G iPod | 2.16GHz MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo
    From reviews I have read, Apple do have good customer service, and I do have some experience with it(in Singapore) when my iPod earphones run into some problems.

However, apple's quality control is really quite bad,even though it is a premium product

Thread Information