Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen Flickers

Screen Flickers

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0 Core Duo, 60 GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, 19" Samsung Widescreen External Monitor
    Screen Flickers
    when screen dims before going to sleep, it will flicker until it goes to sleep or until i get start using it again...

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
    Try resetting the pram:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=2238

I've posted this link so many times people are going to think that this is all I know! My screen used to flicker and I reset the pmu and the pram and it hasn't flickered since. But as a reward I have a nice black x over my battery icon. You could try resetting the pmu also:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303319

I don't know if any of this will fix your problem, but it fixed mine and a few other peoples. Try the pram first and then the pmu. Then do the pram again. If you do get an x over your battery icon, call apple care and they should send you a new battery. Something in resetting the pmu clashes with the latest firmware and causes the battery not to be recognized. It could just be that there are a ton of faulty batteries. I'm not sure. Either way, good luck and I hope you enjoyed my novel!

Screen Flickers

Specs:
    MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
    my screen doesnt flicker
    but a lot of times it dims and gets bright a lot especially out of sleep

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
    Quote Originally Posted by macbookdabest View Post
    my screen doesnt flicker
    but a lot of times it dims and gets bright a lot especially out of sleep
    Does it clear up after awhile? You could try resetting the pram. Apple knows about the screen flicker and screen problems in general, but they are not doing anything about it. They are just collecting data on the issue.
    I would advise to reset the pram and give apple care a call. They wont be able to help much, but at least a case will be logged. The more cases logged the quicker apple will do something about the problem.

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    My girlfriend's having the same problem, I'm taking her's in to get fixed, it's unbearable...

Screen Flickers

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0 Core Duo, 60 GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, 19" Samsung Widescreen External Monitor
    yeah it bugs me beyond belief. once it idles for a while then it starts to flicker and wont stop until the screen saver kicks in. but i dont have applecare and have had my macbook for over a year so there is no taking it in to the apple store to get it fixed

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    There are lots of conflicting reports about this screen flickering. My Macbook did it almost from new - I reset the PMU and it fixed the issue - it's definately not the PRAM doing this, it's to do with power management when the CPU is idle I think.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
    Mine flickers when you wake it up from sleep, you see the desktop, flicker, then back to normal.

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
    There are lots of conflicting reports about this screen flickering. My Macbook did it almost from new - I reset the PMU and it fixed the issue - it's definately not the PRAM doing this, it's to do with power management when the CPU is idle I think.
    I think you got some thing there. Ever since i reset my pmu and pram and have had the x over my battery icon, my screen hasn't flickered. Which makes me wonder if it is a batch of defective batteries or if it actually has something do with the cpu. Or if the battery is having some affect on the cpu? Won't know for sure until I get my new battery. I'm very curious about this issue though. I think apple is going to have a major recall of batteries soon.

Screen Flickers

Specs:
    alright, well so far, problem resolved...reset both the PRAM and the PMU and didnt work when the pram was reset, so like everyone said above, it is most likely the pmu. apple should really do somethin about this. i talked with them and they told me to send my comp in for it to be repaired. i dont think so...

Screen Flickers

I'm just about to reset my pram and pmu but i'm still sending my macbook in because the area to the right and left of the trackpad is turning black.

Anyway, quick question... should i remove my umm... not legit applications and music before i send it in?

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
    It might be a good idea.. :/

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramacher View Post
    I'm just about to reset my pram and pmu but i'm still sending my macbook in because the area to the right and left of the trackpad is turning black.

Anyway, quick question... should i remove my umm... not legit applications and music before i send it in?
    You should back data up, but what business is it of apples what you have on your computer? They should only be focusing on fixing your problem, not sniffing around your files and folders like a nosey mom.

Screen Flickers

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgravy View Post
    You should back data up, but what business is it of apples what you have on your computer? They should only be focusing on fixing your problem, not sniffing around your files and folders like a nosey mom.
    True...

when i do send it for a screen flicker issue do they format it?

Screen Flickers
    Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramacher View Post
    True...

when i do send it for a screen flicker issue do they format it?
    They might. I would back everything up like they were. Better safe then sorry.

Thread Information