Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How Do I??

  1. #1


    Member Since
    Mar 27, 2007
    Posts
    69
    How Do I??
    hi guys, i just got an external monitor and need some help. where do i find the setting where i can close the macbook and turn off the display and just use the external monitor and bluetooth mouse and keyboar?

  2. #2

    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    If you have the external monitor hooked up and have it running, then you should just be able to close the lid and OS X will automatically do what you're asking. Be sure to setup the monitor to mirror your desktop rather than work as an extension of it (you can find these settings in System Preferences)

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Mar 30, 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,744
    Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    If you have the external monitor hooked up and have it running, then you should just be able to close the lid and OS X will automatically do what you're asking.
    You may have to click the mouse to wake the MB again after you close it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    Be sure to setup the monitor to mirror your desktop rather than work as an extension of it (you can find these settings in System Preferences)
    With my PowerBook, that isn't necessary...with the lid closed, the external monitor automatically becomes the primary display, with the resolution adjusting itself if necessary. I'm not sure using the "mirror" setting would be as flexible.

    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300562

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Mar 27, 2007
    Posts
    69
    thanks guys. worked great, now i have a 22 inch imac!!!

  5. #5

    cramar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    93
    Specs:
    Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONGUY83 View Post
    thanks guys. worked great, now i have a 22 inch imac!!!
    What make of monitor and how do you find it? I'm looking at an Acer since it seems the best bang for the buck I've found.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •