New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - speed up fan on ibook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

druminstar182

druminstar182 is on a distinguished road

does anyone know how to speed up the fan for an ibook, i tried smcfancontrol but that doesn't work on ibooks evidently
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

I'm trying to understand why you need to mess around with it.
The installed control works very well on my ibook, comes on when it's hot and turns off when it's not. The temp goes down pretty quickly. (I'm using iStat nano widget to keep track)
Best

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Agreed, I have never had heat issues with my 1.33Ghz G4 iBook at all. The Fan comes on when it should. Never a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
druminstar182

druminstar182 is on a distinguished road

well mine gets very hot and stays very hot
QUOTE Thanks
Mindcrime

Mindcrime is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual G5 2Ghz, Ibook G3 800mhz

im having an issue also, its get hot in the left side, on top of the hard disk, and no software can give me a reading on the CPU temp, only the HP temp, what can be wrong? my ibbok isw a G3
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Setting the speed of the optical drive | Using MacBook with External Display »