New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Completely new to mac, had a few questions. Thanks :)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

avingochea

avingochea is on a distinguished road

Hi, I just got my macbook... today actually. I've used windows for many many years.. and know the complete ins and outs of it... and mac doesn't seem to be anything at all like it.. I feel like such a retard when i get infront of this thing.. i wanted a mac because i've heared people talk about how good it is for picture editing n stuff of that sort. I want to be a web developer and i already have dreamweaver, but its on windows. its an exe and i was wondering if there was any possible way to get it up and running on mac without instaling windows on here.. (kinda short on cash and i know installing windows on here costs more money.. unless theres a way to do it free) if theres any other tips or anything anybody has for a COMPLETE newb to mac please feel more than welcome to throw in some info. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
gilesjuk

gilesjuk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.

You can try Crossover Mac, works with Dreamweaver MX but not 2004.

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

But you would be better getting the Mac version of your software.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Call Adobe and ask for a cross-grade.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My mouse on my ibook G4 is going crazy! | unable to charge my macbook!!! »