New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Thinking of getting a mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

epicdean

epicdean is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone I have been a long time pc user and I thinking of switching to a mac book the 1.83ghz version. I am currently in school for web development and what I wanted to do was use boot camp to run windows. For .NET 2003 for my C# apps (I have no choice need to use it for some of my projects) and then move back to osx and use dream weaver for web development. Do you think the mac book will work good for that or just stick with a windows laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
voiceofra

voiceofra has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdean View Post
Hi everyone I have been a long time pc user and I thinking of switching to a mac book the 1.83ghz version. I am currently in school for web development and what I wanted to do was use boot camp to run windows. For .NET 2003 for my C# apps (I have no choice need to use it for some of my projects) and then move back to osx and use dream weaver for web development. Do you think the mac book will work good for that or just stick with a windows laptop.
It'll work fine. If you don't need to be in Windows "full time" you could even run it in a window via Parallels (Windows in a window).
I do this when I'm providing tech support for family or clients w/ Windows machines. The 'show off factor' is a great Mac bragging point, too "Is that Windows in a window?????" or doing the cool transition from full screen windows back to windowed mode \m/
QUOTE Thanks
gilesjuk

gilesjuk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.

If you need both Windows and OSX in one package there's no other legal option.

Disk space will be important if you are dual booting.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« battery | MacBook doesn't shut off but goes to sleep »